Sonic Electronix

So me and my uncle are building a wall enclosure in the back of a 1997 expedition, and we made a little mistake of making the box 18 inches long when I feel it should be way longer so I can tune it to 29-31 hertz, we already glew'd the sides bottom and back together but we were curious if it's possible we could glue/caulk or anything to add on more wood to the sheet if it's possible, I was told it would fuck with the frequency and told it would work if done right, right now I can only tune the box to 35 hertz when I'm trying get lower

This is how the box looks right now, there is a opening in the back for plexy glass to be installed.

242dahi.jpg

Is the box already installed? If not remove and add what you need keep in mind you may need to remake box do to the pressure in the box. You may need to add another full layer of board over repair. This is going to be a challenge if you are not a cabinet maker. If you were in Columbus Ohio I would help you out. Have full woodshop here. Post some pics of mistake. Can get pbetter idea of what you are talking about.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

If you change the box, you'll have to change the port. Yes, you could take a side off and add on to it, but you'll likely need more than glue to hold the new pieces together. Some kind of metal bracing or like soccer said another layer of board over the repair.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

My uncle is a house builder, and i dont know if I can post pics from my phone and we are working In his shop

All I know is the sides of the box is 18 inches long, when we should

Be about 24+ and I'm sure we could do something to brace it and glue it and whatever, just guess it's trial and error, it's my first build btw

I would say just rebuild the sides altogether then recalculate

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived