Guest MegaloManiac

no do not use circuit breakers. i asked about this once too on a different forum. breakers are known to have a higher probability to fail than a fuse. and to those that say all you got to do is just hit the breaker to reset instead of replacing fuses, yea the thought is cool, but every time that breaker blows that breaker is less and less reliable.

and you would rather bet your life on a fuse than a breaker, a fuse chemically melts at a certain amount of current so you know it will never fail. where as a breaker its a roll of the dice.

if you want to get fuses cheap instead of paying Knu $7 an anl fuse :/ just buy em on ebay i know i bought a 5 pack for less than $7 shipped. they dont have to be expensive.

Not at all. How often are you popping your current fuse? Just replace with the same amp circuit breaker. Simple as that to be honest

how do you figure its not when something is causing that fuse to blow?

btw, i believe someone said they dont like them because the more times they blow, the weaker they get.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

no do not use circuit breakers. i asked about this once too on a different forum. breakers are known to have a higher probability to fail than a fuse. and to those that say all you got to do is just hit the breaker to reset instead of replacing fuses, yea the thought is cool, but every time that breaker blows that breaker is less and less reliable.

and you would rather bet your life on a fuse than a breaker, a fuse chemically melts at a certain amount of current so you know it will never fail. where as a breaker its a roll of the dice.

if you want to get fuses cheap instead of paying Knu $7 an anl fuse :/ just buy em on ebay i know i bought a 5 pack for less than $7 shipped. they dont have to be expensive.

Not doing this to be an a-hole i compltely understand, but if that was the case why wouldent houses be useing fuses then? You only live in the place. A house circiuit breaker works just as a car circuit breaker.

how do you figure its not when something is causing that fuse to blow?

btw, i believe someone said they dont like them because the more times they blow, the weaker they get.

How would it be any differnt if hes blowing a fuse or popping the breaker??? Something has to be doing it. Just because hes useing a breaker dosent overdue an amp by any means. Blowing a fuse or popping a breaker are two in the same if you look at as not connecting the flow or allowing the flow of current. And thats what both are doing.

Not doing this to be an a-hole i compltely understand, but if that was the case why wouldent houses be useing fuses then? You only live in the place. A house circiuit breaker works just as a car circuit breaker.

does it maybe have anythign to do with the differences in AC and DC current?

Guest MegaloManiac

houses dont use 160a breakers, they only use 15-20max per breaker iirc. 160amps of direct current produces a lot of heat if you didnt know, when the contacts start to pit and wear, exposure to the outside will corrode the contacts. They will then start to trip early as the degraded contact heats up prematurely.

its just a bad idea to have in a moving vehicle your house does not move from one spot so you dont worry about things shifting or vibrating(loosely speaking)

make more sense?

Edited by MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

and if you are blowing fuses/breakers like a fat kid eating candy then obviously you have a problem, and need to address it(not directed straight at accordman, just a general statement)

and if you decide to use a breaker PLEASE dont go cheap

Edited by MegaloManiac

and if you are blowing fuses/breakers like a fat kid eating candy then obviously you have a problem, and need to address it(not directed straight at accordman, just a general statement)

and if you decide to use a breaker PLEASE dont go cheap

hells to the no, i was talking to a guy today and he brought it up to me and immediately i just got a retarded look on my face. So i figured id see if anyone else was doing this.