TortoiseShore Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 Well, I've been at work since 3 this morning, and now I'm sitting at a Kroger because my truck has broken down... again. Same truck as the last time when I sat on the side of the road for 9 hours, and all the towing company said was "It will be at least a couple of hours." So here I am, browsing the forum while I'm 3 hours from my car which is an hour from my house lol. Just need to vent seeing as I've worked over 40 hours in 3 days, and I have school at 8 in the morning. I've delivered 30,000 pounds of ice between 26 stores.
n8ball2013 Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 Lock the doors and catch a nap. If this is something that happens alot id start bringing a bag with what I needed to make my on the clock nappy time comfy. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
CarAudioFab Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 That sucks man, do you have ice with you, I mean you are at Kroger, you could get some booze and make an ice luge. start a party while you wait? -Mark Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos! Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication
TortoiseShore Posted October 7, 2013 Author Report Posted October 7, 2013 If I was 21 I would lol. I've only got a cooler with about 10000 lbs in it . Its been raining all day and its like 40 or I could sleep. And I have no dry jackets lol
Neckbeard Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 ouch :// Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
TortoiseShore Posted October 7, 2013 Author Report Posted October 7, 2013 I'm just looking at it as $15 an hour to explore amp choices for my build. And my boss was pissed when I told him my truck broke down. Moneys good, but its about time for a new job. Kinda hard to find somewhere where I can work 3 days a week, go to school, and still make $20k+ a year though.
Tecomah Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 Lock the doors and catch a nap. If this is something that happens alot id start bringing a bag with what I needed to make my on the clock nappy time comfy. I agree with n8. I have a bag in my car with the necessities in it because Sleeping in it is a fairly often occurrence because of my job during the summer. My car is almost a friggin bus though so it's fairly comfortable to sleep in. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
fox_racin4 Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 So iknow in canada truck drivers can only work 12 hrs LEGALLY Is it not 14 in the US? What happend to your truckor what is it doing? Maybe i can help Im a diesel mechanic.. I also do road service so im one of the guys who gets to fix trucks on the side of major highways when douch bags dont move over.. Lol 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
TortoiseShore Posted October 7, 2013 Author Report Posted October 7, 2013 Legally not supposed to, but they don't care.. its either work the hours or I get fired, which I didn't know about until I dedicated myself to the job. And the batteries are dead. It has a cooling unit which has its own alternator, power supply etc., but the alternator doesn't work on it.
fox_racin4 Posted October 7, 2013 Report Posted October 7, 2013 I assume you get paid for the full hours you work? So your reefer isnt working? Or the small side engine on your truck that does the bunk heating/cooling ( assuming your not in a day cab) More of a run down on your issue will help.. There may be a way to get you up and running 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.