Second Skin Audio

12" BTL UFO box, TORRES UPLOADED!

kryptonite

Building a box for a pair of 12" BTL UFO motors and need to know what kind of space i need for them. I would assume the standard 1.5-2 per sub would be sufficient but i need to be 100% sure. Customer will be putting about 4k between the pair for now on proper electrical so i want to build it proper for him. Box will be sealed off firing into the passenger compartment, most likely port on the driver side. Any and all help is appreciated!!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Stay at 2-2.25 per sub if you have a true 4000 watts per sub. 32-34 Hz with subsonic filter set correctly.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

• 2 weeks later...

for now it will be 4k for the pair, so 2k per sub. I dont know if he has plans of getting more power to them, i guess time will tell for that. I def. do want him to have the ability to run 3k to each sub with this box though.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

jordansbox_zpscebbe6e4.png

How does this sound to ya'll? I know that the net is a bit on the small side since it doesn't take into consideration the sub displacement. To remedy this i will be putting a triple thick baffle on which will push the subs out a bit. If anyone can modify this to make it work, the only dimensions that really need to stay constant is the height at 14" and the width at 43". Depth can stretch a bit more. Trying to stay around the 32 to 35 hz range.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Archived