Sonic Electronix

there isnt a deff place to post this atleast i couldnt find one i thought really fit maybe eletrical but idk

so the headlights for my car have 2 lights one for high beam one for low the high is also a projector style housing im not really sure what kinda socket the bulb uses being there aftermarket headlights ill look and take pics tomorrow maybe someone here could help me figure out the correct socket type.

but id like to add 2 hid kids per headlight i wana do yellow for my lows and a bright white for my highs. this is just a general idea of what i found

-lows

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-11-12-Insight-9005-High-Beam-3000K-35W-Yellow-Ultra-Slim-Xenon-HID-Kit-/171067900391?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d47101e7&vxp=mtr

highs-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9005-HB3-6000K-WHITE-DIGITAL-BALLAST-XENON-HID-HIGH-BEAM-LIGHTS-CONVERSION-KIT-/171145096859?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d90aee9b&vxp=mtr

im basically looking for better sight at night thats why i went with the yellow cause the whites would be garbage at night. in the rain or snow. i plan to get the bumper with fogs that came with my car later to add fogs but my question is.

has anyone done something like this that could add some helpfull insight. i dont think id be able to just run the stock wires to the hids id prolly have to run those to relays and run power directly from the battery to each hid kit.

advice and such?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Don.t run 3000ks in your lows. 4300k has the most usable light since its the closest to natural sun light so you wanna be as close to that number as you can get.

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Both those kits are fairly generic and problematic.

The slim black ballasts on the low kit are unbadge ddm slim ballasts which is the worst "digital" ballasts ever made.

You will get intermediate flickers, sometimes either one of the ballasts will flicker upon turning them on (even if you use a relay harness, and try to trick the ballasts with a capacitor, or error eliminators) uneven bulb color temps, and bulbs that seem to discolor faster then normal. I found no way to get a worry free slim kit working properly from ddm and probably have installed 13-15 of those kits alone.

I stopped using ddm them after they stopped carrying the apexcone raptor ballasts which are strong bullet proof ballasts might i add if you can find them, they are fairly cheap priced.

A lot of companies are just slapping their own stickers on the same kits...

For a long while FuturevisonHID, DDM, and XenonSupply where selling the same kits, same internals, different sticker on the ballasts. Keep in mind that xenonsupply was almost double the price as ddm and futurvision was 3times the price.

The only company I will touch now after shopping around and trying a few other resellers is morimotos from retrofitsource.com. More expensive but well worth it, at least for me because I dont have to be warranting my work on a vehicle 1-2 times after the install was done because some generic kits dont work proper.

those were just an idea i plan to get better kits but those were needed more as a reference pic

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived