Home setup question, help

I have a 2010 HDTV a Samsung, I don't believe that it has Dolby Digital or DTS pass though, and that's where one of my problems begin. The TV I have only has 2 HDMI in ports, I am in the future getting 2 more consoles to add to this setup, right now I have only a Ps3, I am going to add in a Ps4 and a Wii U.

I also have a surround sound system, that has only 2 optical in, this system decodes both DTS and DD, How would I hook up the 3 systems to my home system that only has 2 toslink in's, and the tv only has 2 hdmi in's?

Another problem is that the Wii U only does 5.1 though LPCM though HDMI, Would it harm my system if I did Wii U Hdmi to HDTV then go from TV to system?

Is there also something that connects 2 hdmi's to something so that I could connect it to the Hdmi on one of the ports to the back of the tv?

Is there a switch for just optical so that I can connect one optical from the Ps3 and one from the Ps4 to a switch box for optical and change between the two so that I connect the two systems to my home theater system?

**Edited Title**

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

hey mate i think if you have the extra cash you should invest some money in a hdmi switching reciever here is a video were i show you how to wire it for best sound and video haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvYjqbezJw

best thing with hdmi reciever is you get dts master and if you buy a harmony remote easy as heck to operate :D

I would love to buy a receiver for everything, but I just finished putting up and making everything to exact specs of my current system. Is there possibly another way?

I think I can just hook up the Wii U to the back of the TV then from the optical out from the TV I can connect it to my Z906, But I need a switch for the other two consoles, Then I have the problem problem of the 2 audio outputs from the consoles to the Z906, it only has 2 optical in and 1 Digital Coax in, and Rca in. Is there such a thing as a switch for only audio optical?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I would love to buy a receiver for everything, but I just finished putting up and making everything to exact specs of my current system. Is there possibly another way?

I think I can just hook up the Wii U to the back of the TV then from the optical out from the TV I can connect it to my Z906, But I need a switch for the other two consoles, Then I have the problem problem of the 2 audio outputs from the consoles to the Z906, it only has 2 optical in and 1 Digital Coax in, and Rca in. Is there such a thing as a switch for only audio optical?

yep you could pick up a optical switch. does your cable box have a digital coax on the back *orange or black rca port. might be labled something that starts with a s.

Parts Express has everything you need for good price. HDMI powered switch. Optical switch also.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I'm not using a cable box, I'm just using the optical output that comes with the systems I.E Tv, and Ps3, and eventually Ps4, The problem may be that its a "Multi" system, made for computer, Here's a link to the speaker system I have: Logitech Z906 Speaker System. But it's capable of hooking up to 5 audio sources, Its not much but then again its for a computer. Its good enough for me. The 5 connections are: 1 Computer, 1 RCA in, 2 Toslink Optical in, one Digital Coax.

Here's the back of the subwoofer, The subwoofer is where everything connects.

logitech_z906_sub_back.jpg

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived