CleanSierra Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 Its a USB cable. I used the specific part for JVC-ipod Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 I'm not sure that the iPod can send Audio through anything but it's AUX. It may just be my unit, but the USB cable only reads the folders, titles, album art, ect... If someone else knows it works then speak up! Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
RMac18 Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 I'm guessing its usb on the headunit and an ipod connector on the other end. In which case the ipod is capable of sending sound through it as an output. I used a ipod fm transmitter that plugged into the ipod connector and didn't use the aux cord at all.
CleanSierra Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 I always ran the Kenwood specific to iPod cord for audio and video on my Kenwood double dins and that never had problems. It supports iPod/iPhone charging and album artwork and such. I never had an issue to where it would not send sound, but all the other information(?). If I had known this JVC specific to iPod cord wouldn't work, I would have just chosen to run a regular USB to iPod connection like what you use to charge or sync an iPod. I want video function, so I'm gonna see if I can get the proper part number and see if that's my problem. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 I should also say I don't use Kenwood specific cables. It shouldn't matter, should it? All it is, is just wires going where they need to go with good terminations? It could also just be my truck's computer that messes it up. I just don't use the USB cord. Just straight AUX. I feel like it is faster to operate, I also have the hand motions memorized so I never have to look at it. Edit: just buy a new pair of RCA's your new pair are too old now Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
CleanSierra Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 Haha, good point about the RCAs, done. The cord has a video input and a USB into the HU. That's exactly how my old Kenwoods were too. Maybe I'll try the plain iPod cord. I supposed I could try the 3.5MM cord too while I'm at it. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 All these connections are on the backside of the HU as well, so I can't just freely change this stuff out. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted October 17, 2013 Report Posted October 17, 2013 Eww, oh well it's not to hard to take out the radio. I hope it's not just your unit, or your iPod. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
CleanSierra Posted October 17, 2013 Author Report Posted October 17, 2013 I tried another iPod too so it's not that. Like I said. I can cure the track playing and hit next track and such, just no sound. I'll pull the thing out and try a few of the suggestions out. I want charging and I want to be able to control the iPod fully from the HU and see videos. That's the whole point of buying the nice cord. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Krakin Posted October 17, 2013 Report Posted October 17, 2013 Did you plug in the RCA's... JK lol. Maybe check the RCA output's on the HU with a DMM and see if the grounds are good. I'm sure we can also think of some very obscure things that might be wrong just to find it be something simple... Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.