Question - This has my brain itching. (sq)

Jessica

Na cable, I meant the other dudes definition. I am curious what he meant when he said his definition was different.

:foshizzle:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My definition of SQ is when a system encompasses and achieves everything it needs to. Simple answer is if it can reproduce the original information as accurately as possible. I see people always say "live performance" that is a bit sloppy to me. If i get up on stage and play a saxaphone and try to sing that is not something you want in your car. Go to a bar that has a live band, probably not very good, but its loud. Thats why i don't like that generalization

Now, when you can tell where the singer is standing, the guitarist is, where the piano is, hear things like keyfalls and hammers in that piano, the singers breath, pick up things like the sound from the body of an acoustic guitar and close your eyes and imagine you are there.

That kind of sums it up for me. Which of course is insanely hard to do in the enviroment of a car.

But if I wanted to hear what a band sounded like in a crowded bar, I wouldn't want my audio equipment to alter the way it sounded. For me, SQ is completely accurate reproduction of whatever was recorded.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

But if I wanted to hear what a band sounded like in a crowded bar, I wouldn't want my audio equipment to alter the way it sounded. For me, SQ is completely accurate reproduction of whatever was recorded.

I agree, it's just "live performance" is not accurate. I can crank certain frequencies and make most stuff sound like a bar band. Doesnt make it right. Hence the other words in my post.

I agree, it's just "live performance" is not accurate.

For the most part ... I agree

But I REALLY wish you could here "Hotel California Live" in my truck ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My point is this, Take a disc like lets just pick a random band, say Bon Jovi. It was cut in a studio, no attention was given to things like good stereo seperation, just a vanilla recording in stereo.

Now a good SQ system can give some depth and stage to it, but the source is only as good as the source. I could be wrong here, but i think some artists put more work into their sound than others.

I mean, if you play vannila ice do you say, wow the digital drum track really sounds like it 4 ft to the left of the singer! ?

Archived