Question - This has my brain itching. (sq)

Jessica

So, i am bored and when i get bored i overthink things. So, in direct violation of using the KISS method and throwing out all logic, I am going to post this question here and see what happens. Feel free to call me an idiot if you like, i am just trying to learn here.

Also, I'm not so diluted i think i have an SQ setup. But that's no reason to not try to get the most out of what i have. With the power I have i should be able to get a decent amount of output and still have a good sounding setup.

Alright, down to buisiness. Try to keep up, my posts tend to become train wrecks of text.

I have two sets of t1675's up front, so 4 mids, 4 tweets.

I have a couple ideas rolling around like these. Tell me what you think or give me some ideas or tips.

1. Run tweeters a different gain levels to reduce standing waves and odd overlapping harmonics(yuck). I am speaking about something like one set (left and right) at one level, and the other (left and right) lower.

2. Running overlapping crossover points on the tweeters and mids. Think of it like one set of tweets at 4k 12db slope, and another set at 3k 24 or 18db slope. Maybe run the mids lpf at slightly different points and or slopes too.

3. I can do time alignment, at least i think so, the pioneer 80prs claims time alignment but i think it may just actually cut levels on different outputs just to trick your ears into thinking the sound stage is more center. Maybe someone could chime in on this.

4. To that point, if the time alignment is legit, is using a tape measure and setting the distance to each speaker going to be close enough or should I consider other things when putting in the measurements for each driver.

Thats about all i got right now. I'm sure i can come up with more questions though.

Can I have a link to the specs for this component set ...

... and are you running these passive ??? ... and how do you have them amplified ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

... and are you running these passive ??? ... and how do you have them amplified ???

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/t1675-s

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

same, how are you powering them? if you want full on sq i would run everything active, therfore everyspeaker must be put on its own ch and alligned

if you want full on sq i would run everything active, therfore everyspeaker must be put on its own ch and alligned

Alot of great Sound Quality systems (including mine) are running passive ...

this is not a must for Sound Quality systems ... Neither is processors ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

1. Run tweeters a different gain levels to reduce standing waves and odd overlapping harmonics(yuck). I am speaking about something like one set (left and right) at one level, and the other (left and right) lower.

2. Running overlapping crossover points on the tweeters and mids. Think of it like one set of tweets at 4k 12db slope, and another set at 3k 24 or 18db slope. Maybe run the mids lpf at slightly different points and or slopes too.

You can trial and error if you like ... but I'm almost positive that you will find that you will have better luck with a single pair of tweeters crossed over around 3000 htz ... actually, mine are crossed (passive) at 2600 htz ...

Having a pair of midbass drivers in each door should not be a problem, and should be fairly easy to time align ...

given that they are aiming in the exact same direction ...

if you want full on sq i would run everything active, therfore everyspeaker must be put on its own ch and alligned

Alot of great Sound Quality systems (including mine) are running passive ...

this is not a must for Sound Quality systems ... Neither is processors ...

i know this, but some asshole is gonna come inhere and be a dick saying you need proccessors and all this bullshit. A processor isnt needed, just a good hu and running active wont hurt.

3. I can do time alignment, at least i think so, the pioneer 80prs claims time alignment but i think it may just actually cut levels on different outputs just to trick your ears into thinking the sound stage is more center. Maybe someone could chime in on this.

4. To that point, if the time alignment is legit, is using a tape measure and setting the distance to each speaker going to be close enough or should I consider other things when putting in the measurements for each driver.

That head unit is a great stand alone setup ... i know of atleast 3 Team vehicles with this head unit ...

Best tools for time alignment ... measuring tape, calculator, and the human ears !!!

i know this, but some asshole is gonna come inhere and be a dick saying you need proccessors and all this bullshit. A processor isnt needed, just a good hu and running active wont hurt.

I hope not ... well detalied explanations explaining their theories would be nice ...

the only reason i say active is because it will make time allignment easier, atleast in my opinion. I wouldnt run multiple comp sets for sq (thats just me, im not saying its wrong), just a set of midbass, midrange , and tweeter. all in differant locations in the vehicle.

Archived