Question - This has my brain itching. (sq)

Jessica

Crazy thing about Sound Quality judges ... You never know what they have tucked away in their CD case ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Absolutely ... Thats why most people put SOO much work in Lowering their vehicles noise floor ...

try and go find a TRUE Diehard SQ Competitor that does not use 100% coverage while sound deadning ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

My point is this, Take a disc like lets just pick a random band, say Bon Jovi. It was cut in a studio, no attention was given to things like good stereo seperation, just a vanilla recording in stereo.

Yes, the better the recording ... the better you will find the stage and image ...

I've found that most SQ judges use older disc for the better recordings verses the newer versions ...

I mean, if you play vannila ice do you say, wow the digital drum track really sounds like it 4 ft to the left of the singer! ?

This is what the normally refer to as Dynamics ...

Now a good SQ system can give some depth and stage to it, but the source is only as good as the source. I could be wrong here, but i think some artists put more work into their sound than others.

When you can start telling the imperfections in your music, you are building a nice setup ...

Also, hotel California is tits in your truck!

Thank you Sir ... Wait until you see my next front stage upgrade ...

EDIT: had it all planned out in my head, but lost track while typing ...

hope some of it makes since ...

Well cableguy, if i lived near you i would come listen to your setup. But i am in Kansas so maybe in the future i will drive out your way. Also, this thread has been pretty informative. I tried that CD i bought and found a few flaws pretty fast. But, i did get rid of an issue with my tweeters kind of washing out certain things like some crash symbols. It didn't do it with all of them, but sometimes you could tell it just ran together a bit. At least that cd tells you what to listen for and how it should sound so you arent just guessing what it should sound like.

Of course, without a reference sometimes it's hard to make progress. You SQ guys, do you help each other or is it one of those things where you keep all your secrets to yourselves? It would seem hard to judge your own system with a point of reference right?

Wait till you see my install in my truck!! It will be so uninspiring! Lol

I think the last time I sat in your vehicle, we talked about tweeter locations and possibly midranges ... But those doors are absolutely bad ass !!!

Of course, without a reference sometimes it's hard to make progress. You SQ guys, do you help each other or is it one of those things where you keep all your secrets to yourselves? It would seem hard to judge your own system with a point of reference right?

Some guys will let you demo their vehicles ... some will not

but yes, my team members help each other out all of the time ...

Wait till you see my install in my truck!! It will be so uninspiring! Lol

I think the last time I sat in your vehicle, we talked about tweeter locations and possibly midranges ... But those doors are absolutely bad ass !!!

Yeah I sold that car, it was falling apart.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived