SnowDrifter Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 I know, in my mind what I'm looking for. It's a bolt, with threads on the inside too. Idea being: thread that through the box, bolt it from the other side, then have the threads on the inside free to use.To be used in place of t-nuts or threaded inserts. I have horrid luck with them and I'm looking for something a bit more robust Like this, but it would need to be 1-1/4 or 1.5" long. And go from (preferably) 3/8 down to 1/4. I have no idea what to search for though. Tried "bolt reducer." Got me close but still 'no cigar' ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
LUV bass Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Try 'Thread Reducer' 2008 Toyota Corolla -Skar VVX 12 D4 (2)-Skar SK1500.1-Pioneer DEH-80prs
Katt Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Getting closer, lol. http://www.sealconusa.com/strainrelief/reducer_nc/npt1_1_4npt1.html *06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500* *91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*
SnowDrifter Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 Cool! Now I just need to find some that are long enough lol ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
lifted_silverado Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Try self tapping threaded nuts. Make them in all shapes and sizes idk if that helps or not Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.