Second Skin Audio

wft!!! box problems

gmsierra2000

I actually just thought about this, but if you built the box on 'legs' in a sense so that there was space at the bottom of it to aim the port and subs firing down with the box being pushed as far back as possible, this may help in the sense of firing into a corner as Krakin suggested. Sound waves would be fired down to the floor with the only way to move being forward to the front of the vehicle.

Speculation again

if i were to do this how high should the box sit form the floor?

As much as the width of your port is I believe. That way you aren't choking the port. I don't know how I feel about sub up and port forward though because you'll be firing directly into the rag top, correct? Only reason that sort of worked in my example was because I was firing it into the solid roof of the vehicle and opening the trunk on the opposite end. I'd personally try sub and port forward at first, which would allow you to just flip the box on its back side and do sub and port up later on to see how that sounds. And also possibly both firing down if you build legs for the sides of it.

very true. i can flip the box many directions if i do a sub/port forward. as stated it will allow me to try various positions.

but what if i were to make legs for the box as stated and then put a top on the box as if it were firing down words. this would accomplish the same reaction as a sub and port down, wouldn't it???

and no one ever said if my dimensions for the torres i created look ok

got started buildin my box so here the pics

20131026_160354_zps544f3b8c.jpg

20131026_173933_zpsf800a00a.jpg

20131026_175149_zps3b9a24a1.jpg

20131027_110249_zps4941758f.jpg

20131027_131241_zpsa00ea239.jpg

20131027_131250_zps29178f58.jpg

this was my curf practice piece,

this was the first time i ever did this curf thing and here we go.....

20131027_133756_zpse4259125.jpg

20131027_133828_zpsba6a9545.jpg

20131027_133839_zps064aa759.jpg

actual box curf

20131027_140850_zpsa56ed743.jpg

20131027_141108_zps29b6d60f.jpg

20131027_141118_zpsd43a580e.jpg

20131027_141124_zps97a578d2.jpg

20131027_153752_zps7ed248f9.jpg

20131027_162510_zps45ce15dc.jpg

filled cracks with gule now waiting to dry so i can put fiberglass resin over it.

don know if i should put fiber glass matt as well

20131027_162615_zps3eadb126.jpg

i dont know if i should level those rounds off of the curf pieces near the port bend, if i do then i will be alittle wider then 3" opening

will it effect anything if i sand that flat or should i leave it like that???

20131027_162620_zps40c504af.jpg

corner pieces

20131027_165526_zps8f2cfc3b.jpg

20131027_165535_zpsd1076ba4.jpg

here it is the final part. i did not glue the top shut yet just screwed it down, i want to paint the port area before i shut it permanently and cut the sub holes.

20131027_171200_zps8062b8bf.jpg

guys let me know if i should sand the port bend flat or not???????

i still have to sand all the glue off inside the box, do calking and tones of other stuff befor i can say this box is complete, i also am going to make cover panels to keep the box in place and other panel pieces , so please guys let me know if i should sand that port bend down or leave it like it is.

I would sand it smooth. It won't affect the port area.

And good work, btw!

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

yeah I didn't think it would make a big difference if it was only a 1/4" off, the port exit is still at 6" wide so maybe this weekend I will work on it a bit more. if not ill be working on it next weekend for sure, their a Hugh car show here at the fair grounds in Tampa Florida and the truck club im in is going so....

That came out looking really good man! Sorry I couldn't head down there and help I've been busy with exams and work and trying to find time to get my wall done between those...Are you by any chance coming out to the USF car meet tonight?

And I just want to compliment you again lol, that kerfing looks pretty good. You can sand the inside corners flat though and it won't really change anything

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

That came out looking really good man! Sorry I couldn't head down there and help I've been busy with exams and work and trying to find time to get my wall done between those...Are you by any chance coming out to the USF car meet tonight?

And I just want to compliment you again lol, that kerfing looks pretty good. You can sand the inside corners flat though and it won't really change anything

hey bro, thanks man for the compliments and thank you and everyone on here for helping me figure things out as far as numbers go, this was my first time ever curfing wood. umm about tonight I wont make it. i am getting ready for the car show tomorrow at the fair grounds, should be a great turn out. but this truck wound be out their though, I usually don't take my projects out half ass. if its not complete then I will sit until its to a point that I feel good about lol.

I still have more cover panels to make and plexi to add but ill try and update pics as I go on with this build. im in no rush though so... stay tune bro

hey bro, thanks man for the compliments and thank you and everyone on here for helping me figure things out as far as numbers go, this was my first time ever curfing wood. umm about tonight I wont make it. i am getting ready for the car show tomorrow at the fair grounds, should be a great turn out. but this truck wound be out their though, I usually don't take my projects out half ass. if its not complete then I will sit until its to a point that I feel good about lol.

I still have more cover panels to make and plexi to add but ill try and update pics as I go on with this build. im in no rush though so... stay tune bro

Staying tuned for sure :)

You don't have to be done with yours to go and check out everybody else's though haha. I've been without music for months now this is my first meet in a while

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived