Sound bars.. Any good?

We have a Samsung 2.1 in our living room...pretty much this, I think we got it refurb'd can't remember. Had it for about a year now. Sub isn't great but it makes due esp b/c we are in an apt. Overall sound is satisfactory to me, way better than the tv speakers

71l-pducKQL._SL1500_.jpg

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Soundbars....

Well they work....

If your not running a dedicated surround sound system, or dont plan too a soundbar is a great choice.

A typical soundbar will upgrade the volume and depth to your tv. One thing I noticed is most LCD, LED, Plasma tv's are lacking on output, there is not much of a frequancy response there. It will leave you lacking if you upgrade from something like a rear projection tv that actually sounded pretty good when you played music, or action movies.

You get a soundbar with a subwoofer even better results.

As others said its not no surround sound system, by the processing used in soundbars can sound fairly nice if your sitting in front of your tv and not off to the side.

Samsung and Klipsch make some pretty nice sound bars actually the only 2 brands that stood out from the ones Ive all heard from various friends.

Archived