2011 F150 with lots of bent plexiglass! *SHIRT TRICK VIDEO!*

SICK! Got any deadener on those doors? If not i think it needs some.. lol

Entire truck has 2 layers and 3 in some places! absolutely nothing in the truck rattles at all. We had to do some 1/4 inch steel reinforcements on the roof to get it to stop flexing so badly and making this terrible noise! let me see if I can find a pic...

20131130_160604_zpsa6e32c2b.jpg

the metal rod is to hold the bracing up there while the panelbond dried

How did you run your power to the speakers in the doors? I assume you just ran through the factory speaker wiring? I ask because on mine (2012 XLT), the wiring for the door is a huge plug that connects in the jamb.

Amazing build, though! I can't wait to get crazy with my truck once I finally break down and buy something dedicated for work.

2012 Ford F150 XLT CrewCab w/ 3.5L EcoBoost V6

- Livernois Motorsports 93 Octane Performance Tune

- 6000k HIDs Hi/Lo + Fogs

- 5% Tint all around w/ 7" Brow (50% windshield soon)

- 6" BDS Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit

- 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

- 20" Chrome Ballistic Jester Wheels

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Airraid Cold Air Intake

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

- 2x Sundown SA 10s in under-seat ported enclosure. (ports+subs forward)

- Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP (T400-4 soon)

- Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components

How did you run your power to the speakers in the doors? I assume you just ran through the factory speaker wiring? I ask because on mine (2012 XLT), the wiring for the door is a huge plug that connects in the jamb.

Amazing build, though! I can't wait to get crazy with my truck once I finally break down and buy something dedicated for work.

They are just powered through the factory wires for now. The plug is called a molex plug. they are a pain in the ass and the best way I have found to work through them is to drill through them.

Thanks! We have really been enjoying this thing lately!

I left the name out because I hoped people would call it what it truly is: a pain in the ass for audiophiles. :P

This gives me so many ideas, though... :)

2012 Ford F150 XLT CrewCab w/ 3.5L EcoBoost V6

- Livernois Motorsports 93 Octane Performance Tune

- 6000k HIDs Hi/Lo + Fogs

- 5% Tint all around w/ 7" Brow (50% windshield soon)

- 6" BDS Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit

- 35x12.50 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

- 20" Chrome Ballistic Jester Wheels

- 4" Heartthrob Exhaust

- Airraid Cold Air Intake

- Pioneer AVH-P4400BT

- 2x Sundown SA 10s in under-seat ported enclosure. (ports+subs forward)

- Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP (T400-4 soon)

- Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components

Things are starting to break in the truck lol. We only had 1 run of 1/0 from the alt to the battery in the hood because I couldnt fit 2 lugs on it with the location of the alt. We bought a special dual 1/0 lug and wired it up and voltage is much better. Maintains 13s while driving and 12.8ish while idling. It used to drop to 11.xx pretty quickly. now that we got that taken care of, we are really seeing what this system is capable of! The door panels of the truck flex about an inch with 2 layers of deadener on them! the visors bounce all over the place, the sunglass holder in the headliner bounces like crazy, and is starting to break and fall apart. The roof hardly moves now that we have the 1/4 inch steel bracing on it. The steering wheel flexes about 3/4 inch, the shifter on the column flexes about an inch. The driver and passenger seat flex like crazy! driving or riding in this thing at full tilt- you cant read road signs at all, and your vision is sooooo blurry lol. ESPECIALLY under 35 hz. This thing just loves anything under 35. It plays the higher notes well, but the lower notes are insane lol. It actually pulls off a decent hairtrick too! We played the song I need you by decaf yesterday while driving, and it plays everything well until the lowest note in the song. When that note comes on, it gets substantially louder and plays it with more authority! I dont know if that note in the song is just boosted more than everything else or thats just the way the system plays. Either way, Kyle and I are both happy with the outcome!

We are going to the Cricket memorial show tomorrrow in homestead from 1-6 if anyone wants to see or hear this build, Kyle will be passing out the demos!

Archived