iTac91 Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 So I currently have two jl 10w0v2s in an ft 50 super ccab. They are ran by a jx 500/1 and both are rated for 300 watt rms. The box only gives them .8 cubic feet of space. My question is if one jl 13TW5v2 with a proper box from jl will be louder than the two 1st. It will be ran off the same amp.
iTac91 Posted October 18, 2013 Author Report Posted October 18, 2013 And sorry about the tittle. Auto correct got the best of me.
slowfkncar Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 Most likely not. The tw5 is a slim sub,it is less cone area then two 10"'s,and it is less efficient then w0's
iTac91 Posted October 18, 2013 Author Report Posted October 18, 2013 Ok so the cubic feet isn't making that much of a difference?
iTac91 Posted October 18, 2013 Author Report Posted October 18, 2013 Also I would like to ask what you would suggest. Id like to keep the same amp, but if I have to ill get a different one. My max mounting depth is 5.75 inches and the box I have gives .8 cubic feet of space. The dimensions are the same for the two 12s box.
The_Iceman Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 So, you want to get a louder set- up? If so you will need to change, either amp or box type. Sounds like you are running a sealed box. So you will need a bigger amp/subs, unless you want to go ported. What's your budget? And your open to more than just jl audio? My audio system HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2 Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1 Car - 2013 scion TC "It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are" "Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen" "Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me" Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,
jarrius Posted October 18, 2013 Report Posted October 18, 2013 Personally I would use a ported box. They sound good and get loud. Also I would look at other brands then JL audio. As much as I like jl I do not see the point in spending that much money for subs and amps that you can get at 1/2 the price that preform just as good if not better. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
timc31610 Posted November 5, 2013 Report Posted November 5, 2013 I agree, for the cost of a single new 13w6 you could replace your sub and amp. Is your current box a pre-fab under the rear seat? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.