Second Skin Audio

center console box

kmb504

I wouldn't use sound deadener inside I would rather suggest doing the outside of the box. On the inside you could use polyfill and cotton batting to reduce standing waves. You could also use resin

Thanks, doesnt that also trick the sub into thinking there is more airspace then there actually is? I have 2 american bass xfls 15" and the sealed box has about 5.49 sq ft of room, should that be enough?

Also, since it is a down fire box, wount it act as a bandpass box, the space between my floor and speaker box would act as a port?

And should i line the floor of my truck witha sound dampener to clean up the vibration traveling thru the pirt?

This is my first time building a down fire box, center console, or anything else tha isnt a just a regular square box, so i dont really know the sience behind any of it.

Yea lol I couldn't tell you either but for the size I think you could of gone ported I can't really say but if you made the box according to the subs sealed space they need I don't see why you would have a problem. As for the sound deadener on the floor I'm sure you could do that. The way it sits in the truck is there any space between the back of the box and the back of the truck by the glass?

Archived