Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

center console box


kmb504

Recommended Posts

Posted

So ive decided to build a center console box for my 2 15"s.
Since the console will have cup holders and stuff, should i line the inside of the box with a sound dampener to reduce vibration. Its a sealed enclosure.

0914132059.jpg

0921131321.jpg

0921131957.jpg

0921132003.jpg

0928131334a.jpg

0929131129.jpg

1012131344.jpg

1012131344a.jpg

1013131231.jpg

Posted

I wouldn't use sound deadener inside I would rather suggest doing the outside of the box. On the inside you could use polyfill and cotton batting to reduce standing waves. You could also use resin

Posted

I wouldn't use sound deadener inside I would rather suggest doing the outside of the box. On the inside you could use polyfill and cotton batting to reduce standing waves. You could also use resin

Thanks, doesnt that also trick the sub into thinking there is more airspace then there actually is? I have 2 american bass xfls 15" and the sealed box has about 5.49 sq ft of room, should that be enough?

Posted

Also, since it is a down fire box, wount it act as a bandpass box, the space between my floor and speaker box would act as a port?

And should i line the floor of my truck witha sound dampener to clean up the vibration traveling thru the pirt?

This is my first time building a down fire box, center console, or anything else tha isnt a just a regular square box, so i dont really know the sience behind any of it.

Posted

Yea lol I couldn't tell you either but for the size I think you could of gone ported I can't really say but if you made the box according to the subs sealed space they need I don't see why you would have a problem. As for the sound deadener on the floor I'm sure you could do that. The way it sits in the truck is there any space between the back of the box and the back of the truck by the glass?

Posted

T3s some precision ports in that box would be sweet. Two 4" firing back or to the sides would sound killer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3238 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...