As some of you remember....I had a 98 Mercury Sable that I had started a build in, but a lot changed and it became stagnant!

Well now...I have a much easier platform to work with.

Upon the purchase of my wifes 2010 Equinox we traded in the Sable...and now I have her old Blazer.

20131020_130234.jpg

20131020_130225.jpg

Blank canvas :-D

20131020_130256.jpg

20131020_130542.jpg

Now heres the goodies!

Headunit is an Alpine 9886

Front stage : Hertz HSK Hi-Energy 3-way

Front stage amp: Linear Power 2.2HV

Sub stage: Onyx LSM 12"

Sub stage amp: Tru Technology

Wiring & RCA's: Knu Koncepts

20131020_131103.jpg

20131020_131424.jpg

20131020_130629.jpg

Plans:

Front stage- 6.5" will be in factory location while 3" and tweeter will be in pods on dash in factory location.

Sub stage- Sub will be in a 15x15x36 tuned to 30 htz with a 6"x18" aeroport. Will have sub firing up and port towards drivers side.

Amps will be in a false floor at the rear of the cargo area.

There will be some custom paint work on the enclosure and top face of amp rack while carpeted beauty panels will complete the look.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

tuned in

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

This should be a pretty cool build... I love Blazers... I have a 2000 Blazer 2WD...

Few questions...

Have your heard your Hertz separates yet???

I've got a decent pair of Polk Audio's in my 2005 Trailblazer that i don't think are going to stand up to this 15" FI BTL and Sundown setup I recently added...

I've been looking at the Hertz's online, not many vendors for them around here... Everything I've read/heard they rock..

Lastly, how old is that Linear Power amp you got?? I did a few systems years like 20 years ago and used L.P. amps and LOVED them...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

This should be a pretty cool build... I love Blazers... I have a 2000 Blazer 2WD...

Few questions...

Have your heard your Hertz separates yet???

I've got a decent pair of Polk Audio's in my 2005 Trailblazer that i don't think are going to stand up to this 15" FI BTL and Sundown setup I recently added...

I've been looking at the Hertz's online, not many vendors for them around here... Everything I've read/heard they rock..

Lastly, how old is that Linear Power amp you got?? I did a few systems years like 20 years ago and used L.P. amps and LOVED them...

I heard the Hertz in a friends car on a Zapco and was honestly blown away at how crisp and clean they sounded running passive without E.Q. I plan on doing the same until I buy a processor. He had a pair of L4 DC Audio 12's running off of a AQ2200.

The LP is about 20 years old....one of the last of the originals.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Looking forward to this build.

Thanks bro....not sure how much glass work Ill be doing other than the dash pods...but should definately be clean and loud enough for my daily.

Im thinking I may build the enclosure this week and run the wires. Id like to get it finished before it gets cold.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Let me know what you think of those components as im very interested in them!

Ive heard them in my buddy's car and honestly..they are crisp and lively. run decent power and they do work....thats why I bought them.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived