Looks interesting, keep the work coming :)

If u don't mind suggestions,

I've seen a number of times boxes which do not 'connect' properly to the cabin gain. Ie, they do a lot of work for little sound.

The suggestion I have is to locate the sub to the very far end of the luggage compartment, for it to hit the "endpoint" of the cabin.

If that is too much out of your plans - at least make the box/woofer fire backwards.

Subs up, port up etc, work fine when u've enclosures that are placed at the far rear of the cabin - but loose A LOT of SQ/depth/heaviness when moved in a position closer to the rear seat.

good luck :)

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Looks interesting, keep the work coming :)

If u don't mind suggestions,

I've seen a number of times boxes which do not 'connect' properly to the cabin gain. Ie, they do a lot of work for little sound.

The suggestion I have is to locate the sub to the very far end of the luggage compartment, for it to hit the "endpoint" of the cabin.

If that is too much out of your plans - at least make the box/woofer fire backwards.

Subs up, port up etc, work fine when u've enclosures that are placed at the far rear of the cabin - but loose A LOT of SQ/depth/heaviness when moved in a position closer to the rear seat.

good luck :)

I thought about this...but when I started mapping out for my amp layout I was gonna have an issue with clearance with the port. Im trying to keep everything below window line.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

What kind is spray did you use to tint them?

I used Nason 496-00 clear coat with activator and tinted it using Spies/Hecker 527 transparent black that I put directly into the clear coat. This basically tints the clear and you can decide overall darkness by how many coats you put on.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I ran into a small issue after baking so I sanded down and had some areas the went through so I had to reclear. Now these are dark...but still transparent where there should be no issues.

20131021_112849.jpg

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

So you applied the tint, and then the clear coat right?

Nope...I literally put 15grams of transparent black tinting agent into a 100gram cup of clear...mixed and sprayed. Your clear will look black...but when you spray it will still be transparent.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

So you applied the tint, and then the clear coat right?

Nope...I literally put 15grams of transparent black tinting agent into a 100gram cup of clear...mixed and sprayed. Your clear will look black...but when you spray it will still be transparent.

Thank you sir, those came out great

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I ran into a small issue after baking so I sanded down and had some areas the went through so I had to reclear. Now these are dark...but still transparent where there should be no issues.

20131021_112849.jpg

Can you explain the baking process?

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Archived