Sonic Electronix

SunFi Woofers Recommended Box Specs?

Hi all I have a question on what the enclosure's dimensions would be for these two 18" SunFi(Fi & Sundown) woofers in a wall. Here's what I have so far planned:

Max Dimensions are 54"Wx33"Dx40"H

I'm planning on triple layering the front and back then double layering the top, bottom, and sides.

Orientation will be subs on the sides and slot port in the middle vertically.

Powered by two AQ3500.1D's one on each sub.

Tuned in the range of 36-38hz.

Subs are BTL UFO Motors, ZV3 soft parts, and NS spiders.

D1 Coils

What should I be looking at interior volume? Anything helpful to this would be much appreciated!

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

well if you have the money to afford all the parts it cost to build those :( i need ufo motors btw pics of die!!..

then you should be able to afford a dayton tester this will give you the tiel and small parameters so you can acuratly build an enclosure to those subs specs'

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=390-806

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

well if you have the money to afford all the parts it cost to build those :( i need ufo motors btw pics of die!!..

then you should be able to afford a dayton tester this will give you the tiel and small parameters so you can acuratly build an enclosure to those subs specs'

Do you know anyone or where this has been reviewed and tested to where it's accurate or works at all?

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Do you know anyone or where this has been reviewed and tested to where it's accurate or works at all?
I am planning to get one of these myself. I is supposed to tell you the subwoofer free air frequency and all its specs. It is also good for resonate frequency so you know what you are tuned to not just guess. It's talked about a lot in these recent 4th order threads.

look at the reviews on the website. pretty sure theres something on caraudioclassifieds.org about how to make something similar. but atleast this way uk the specs of each drive and could build a box accordingly instead of guessing. plus once you have it you have it for other projects

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived