Sonic Electronix

Installed a set of RF T142s in a 95 Tahoe in the dash location, with a P-200x2 powering them. Hpf on they sounded great with 100 watts going to they as a highs speaker. But your going to need a 6 1/2 in the kickers or doors to get mid bass.

Installed a set of RF T142s in a 95 Tahoe in the dash location, with a P-200x2 powering them. Hpf on they sounded great with 100 watts going to they as a highs speaker. But your going to need a 6 1/2 in the kickers or doors to get mid bass.

2013-03-20204849_zps38c81ece.jpg2013-03-17204942_zps4469dcfd.jpg

im getting kick panels for it,i'll seal them off and see if its any better,if not i'll just get adapters and put 4 inch,i might just cut into the doors but find some used door panels and experiment,thank you for your advice

Cool thing Billy, maybe the kick panels will work for you. Myself i wasn't willing to pay what they want for kick panels now a days. Plus my big ass feet and wearing boots all the time, just not enough room. And when you can get the door panels for cheap, it doesn't hurt much to experiment on them. What ever you do, good luck and let us know how it turned out.

truthsayer

im just going to cut into the panel since it's already full of holes,fill up the old holes and cut the new one,anyone know of a decent set of components for under 50?

Are you asking if you can amp 4x6 speakers. If so yes. But not to many handle that many watts. I tried some Lanzar's that where like 300 watts, but amping then made little difference. There's just something about 4x6 speakers, just dont put out much or sound that good.

true but lanzar is such a good company back then but now their company has went to hell,have a pair of their 6.5 subs and they were good but they heat up too fast just on a little 400 watt amp only giving them 50 watts rms

Archived