Question about double v-belt damper possibilities for Chevelle?

Sooooooo I wanted to sort of get a theoretical answer as fast as I could in case kyle at DC power has an alternator that will work for me.

Lets pretend he has an alt that will work with a double-v that fits my description needs. And all I need to do it modify my engine to accommodate triple v-belts. So my question is this; would I need a triple v-belt upgrade no matter what? Or since I noticed something else; my engine fan pulley only holds the 1 belt for the alternator. So I was wondering if maybe I would only need to upgrade that to a double v-belt, and just run a second belt to and from the fan pulley to the alt, instead of back down to the damper? Or would that be absolutely moronic and catastrophic? And possible throw off my timing or something else even worse?

Here is the current set-up for the alt:

001_zps0f424057.jpg

secondly, can someone please tell me if this is considered a serp belt upgrade? Or some special kind of flat v-belt? This picture looks like the guy has 2 separate serp belts that run between the alt and the power steering just like my v-belts, so it's not like a normal serp belt system. Can I upgrade to that just as easily for the alternator and leave the v-belt on the power steering while using the wider belt on the alt? Like basically running the belt only from the fan pulley to the alt instead of around the damper? Or is that just a stupid idea....

Untitled_zps05e05659.png

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

bump for ayudame

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

#1 the only thing I see with that is adjustment will you get enough to tighten all belts. I would see if there is a way to do a trip belt down to the crank. The crank is where your movement is and the fan\water pump may cause belt to slip depending on the drag of the alt.

Your best bet is to get a serp belt set up I there!

Pic #2 is a seep belt

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

#1 the only thing I see with that is adjustment will you get enough to tighten all belts. I would see if there is a way to do a trip belt down to the crank. The crank is where your movement is and the fan\water pump may cause belt to slip depending on the drag of the alt.

Pic #2 is a seep belt

Ok, so if the second pic as a serp belt, can't I just buy one of those dampers with the serp belt style gooves lol? He doesn't have the single serp running through 8 different turns and all that, it's set-up the similar to my v-belt system, just with the serp belts and pulley. IF I am able to do that. I see that it would get rid of the v-belt that also wraps around my fan pulley, do I need the belt there? Or is that operated on it own already? (i.e: If I take the belt off the fan pulley would it still run just fine? or does the belt drive that and the alternator together?)

I missed Alan.

Pic #2 is a seep belt

Ok, so if the second pic as a serp belt, can't I just buy one of those dampers with the serp belt style gooves lol? He doesn't have the single serp running through 8 different turns and all that, it's set-up the similar to my v-belt system, just with the serp belts and pulley. IF I am able to do that. I see that it would get rid of the v-belt that also wraps around my fan pulley, do I need the belt there? Or is that operated on it own already? (i.e: If I take the belt off the fan pulley would it still run just fine? or does the belt drive that and the alternator together?)

Yes there are serp belt kits that you can buy that will eliminate the V belt..... You need the belt to go around the fan/water pump unless you have an electric pump and electric fans like in the pic.

Edit: Conversion kits http://www.jegs.com/p/Billet-Specialties/Billet-Specialties-Serpentine-Conversion-Kits/761482/10002/-1

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Pic #2 is a seep belt

Yes there are serp belt kits that you can buy that will eliminate the V belt..... You need the belt to go around the fan/water pump unless you have an electric pump and electric fans like in the pic.

Edit: Conversion kits http://www.jegs.com/p/Billet-Specialties/Billet-Specialties-Serpentine-Conversion-Kits/761482/10002/-1

Yeah I know about the kits, but I was trying to avoid getting the entire conversion kit and just trying out the damper part, though if it won't work without wrapping around the fan then I guess I'm kinda stuck.

I missed Alan.

Pic #2 is a seep belt

Yeah I know about the kits, but I was trying to avoid getting the entire conversion kit and just trying out the damper part, though if it won't work without wrapping around the fan then I guess I'm kinda stuck.

Would have to cause all your belts drive off the crank pulley, you change that you have to change it all.

Archived