Door Panels: Starting New 02 Civic

Beautiful work! My choice is #2. Can I ask a personal question? If you aren't an installer anymore, what do you do now? With your skills you could make mad bank installing again! At least film up some teaching DVD's with all of your instruction and sell them on the web to supplement your hobby! :nuts:

I work as a Tool Room supervisor in a CNC Machine factory. A couple of reasons why i am not an installer anymore are, I'm in my mid to high 40's and my bknes aren't in the shape they used to be in. Let's face it, an intaller job is a young persons job, no doubt about it. And....in the car stereo and accesories, there are the: Just a head unit, a couple of amps and some decent speakers, The : Money and time is no object so make it a full blown Custom job. And everything in between. Well car stereo places run mainly on the low end jobs for most of the time with an occational top notch install once in a while. The only way an installer makes money is by being quick in and out and go to the next jo . I am not quick, I take my time and do it right. Not ideal for business owners to hire a person that will take too long. But for my own car, It is exactly Ideal too take as much time to reach that high quality job that you see me produce.

As for the videos, I dont have video equipment to do so but it might be an idea for the near future.

I think you do great work and I have taken notes of your build. If you have a chance check out what I am doing on my door panels. Its slow work so I do it when I can. Getting close though. Just click on my build thread in my sig and go to the last pages...

Thanks

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

OKAY, TIME TO KICK MYSELF BACK INTO WORK MODE. CAME FROM MY VACATION BUT I STILL WAS IN VACATION MODE AT HOME, NOT WANTING TO DO ANYTHING. PLUS IT IS RAINING HERE EVERY FUCKING DAY.!!!!

SO I GOT MY TERMINAL BARS IN THE MAIL.

20140716161254.jpg

TIME TO GRIND DOWN THE PLASTIC WHERE I AM GOING TO ATTACH THEM

20140716163731.jpg

AND TO SECURE THEM DOWN. SIMPLY CA GLUE ALL ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE BARS, SPRAY SOME ACCELERATOR. (ZIP KICK). AND ONCE THEY ARE STUCK IN PLACE. HOT GLUE THE ENTIRE SIDES DOWN. I AM BEING GENEROUS WITH THE HOT GLUE SO THEY WONT RATTLE LOOSE WITH THE BASE.

20140716163829.jpg

Glad your back at it...

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Loving the clean wiring! Great work man! Although I wouldnt expect any less haha!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

After several test samples and size adjustments, Here is the one that stood out the most. Ironically, it is also the colors i chose when it was on pen and paper. it just matches the color pallet of my interior. Don't judge it yet until it is all done and put on the doors.

20140723163031.jpg

20140723173137.jpg

20140723173158.jpg

20140723173207.jpg

Archived