Sundown Audio

My box design for 8 x-12's, 4 CA 3500's

why not just do 4 18"? more cone area, so you'll get more shakes.

I don't want 18's... I want 12's.

And can we not worry so much about numbers. They are still gonna get tweaked. There not final. I would however like some feed back on the how its shaped and supports... and location of amps?

Edited by Daniel Harbeson

The numbers are what's important. If they weren't you could just throw up a sketch up drawing and that's it. Since you aren't looking at numbers sure your drawing looks fine

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So don't take this the wrong way but you need to stop and start over. You obviously want to run a ton of subs, which is cool, it's impressive looking. Its also good because it dissipates great over more subs, more voice coils. Here are the problems:

1) Your port area and airspace keep jumping all over the place. You started at 198" and 17 cubes. Next was LESS port at 164.5" and 13.6 cubes. Most recent design has 276" of port and 16 cubes. You can't just guess at this and expect results. The latest option, btw, is the best

2)You're wanting to run a 3500(which actually does 3800@1 ohm) @ .5 ohms to two subs. These suns have an RMS of 1250W. You are thinking it's a good idea to have them at double their rated power?

3) You're asking for input on your sketch, yet are unwilling to accept the good advice you're given when it is. You want to know if your box looks proper just the sketch, the bracing, the spacing of the holes on the baffle. A design VERY MUCH matters about the numbers, don't tell us not to worry about the mathematics, it's all about the mathematics.

I think you need to start smaller and simpler until you understand things like port area and airspace and how the two are equally important. I mean no disrespect, I really do not. I hope to see this build take off and be badass. I don't want you quitting the game because of a bad outcome from the first MAJOR project undertaking.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

this is the shakes kid that never posted pics of his equipment or the money to do so? i calls bs

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I don't wanna call BS on the guy, I really would just like to help. I'd love to see a build like this take place because it'd be the first I know of with this many X's being in an SUV build.

Edited by CleanSierra

Is it that Clio guy that it's helping you? I can see after the bad input you've received over the couple designs that you've posted, why you're wanting to keep the future designs secret. I'm sorry if I've come off as harsh. I really want to see you succeed man, seriously. All I will say, as far as real advice goes is please give the subs enough port area to perform. Don't get caught up in "port per square foot", that isn't going to help you. A sub needs how much port a sub NEEDS. It doesn't matter if that sub is in 3 cubic feet or 2 cubic feet. So don't pay attention to port per square foot. Overall port area is what you're after.

And I'll throw in another idea, don't run your amps at half ohm. You're going to have tons of cone area you don't need to overpower the subs like that. 1 ohm per sub will be just fine, meaning you need to but subs that will wire at a final load of 1 ohm per two subs. If you truly plan on sending a SHITLOAD of power to each sub, consider that you'll need to shrink the box size to compensate for overdriving your woofer. If you have those subs in an enclosure meant for a sub being sent RMS power, you could have issues with keeping the sub under control mechanically(not to mention the extra heat you'll create with the extra power and stress the sub thermally TOO)

Anyway, those area my $.02(maybe more). Like I said, I want to see you succeed with this project and I want to see videos of this monster. Have a nice day :)