Second Skin Audio

3-4 subwoofer enclosure help

03silvergt

Okay, I am designing a box for my extended cab ranger. I have the diagrams built and the port measured but I am not sure on a few things to do. Right now with my max dimensions, I am setting on about 7 ft^3. I know that both the subs I used to design the box is a max of 6 ft^3. Is it okay to have that much extra space? Here are the designs.

This one is for 3 Sundown audio Z v.3 12s. They list them with atleast 2 ft^3. If I only run the box at 6 ft^3 I can lose about 1 inch o.d. around the box. There is plenty of space so I could extend the port if need be. The mounting depth of the sub wont interfere with it. Should I keep a straight port like I have now or should I make it bend? With this port I am hitting right about 34hz., if I drop the box to 6 cubes then I get 37hz. I can still add some on the port.

boxfor312_zps2356f36d.jpg

This box is for 4 Sundown audio SA 8s. They recommend less than 1ft^3 a peice. I could almost cut my box in half and still be able to run these at recommended specs. I started with the same 7ft^3 dimensions and came up with 33hz with 7ft^3. If I did a box with 14" high, 44: wide, and 15" deep, with a port of 13.5" height, 3" width, and 15 inches in length I could get 38-39 hz. If I took some inches out of the height then I would have to put a bend in the port and I am not sure how to calculate that since the bend would go both directions. I can build another box if I need to with the new measurements for the 8s. I could also possibly run 10s in this box.

boxfor48s_zps34abbadc.jpg

Any help with this is appreciated. TIA.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Okay, my max dimensions are 50" wide, 20" tall, and 15" deep. With those dimensions I can get a total of 7 cubes. The subs I listed are not necessarily the subs I am going to use. I could eventually end up with a trio of Memphis Mojos, DC level 4, etc.

I don't have my mind set on a budget but it is somewhere between Walmart and the DD world record van. I do however want to start competing again.

As far as electrical, I don't have anything yet. I am going to start tearing the truck apart to bag it, rebuild the engine, etc. While the engine is tore down I will be either buying an h.o alternator or having mine rebuilt to higher standards and redoing some of the engine wiring. I will also be running a couple extra batteries for the air compressors and stereo.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Archived