03silvergt Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 Okay, I am designing a box for my extended cab ranger. I have the diagrams built and the port measured but I am not sure on a few things to do. Right now with my max dimensions, I am setting on about 7 ft^3. I know that both the subs I used to design the box is a max of 6 ft^3. Is it okay to have that much extra space? Here are the designs. This one is for 3 Sundown audio Z v.3 12s. They list them with atleast 2 ft^3. If I only run the box at 6 ft^3 I can lose about 1 inch o.d. around the box. There is plenty of space so I could extend the port if need be. The mounting depth of the sub wont interfere with it. Should I keep a straight port like I have now or should I make it bend? With this port I am hitting right about 34hz., if I drop the box to 6 cubes then I get 37hz. I can still add some on the port. This box is for 4 Sundown audio SA 8s. They recommend less than 1ft^3 a peice. I could almost cut my box in half and still be able to run these at recommended specs. I started with the same 7ft^3 dimensions and came up with 33hz with 7ft^3. If I did a box with 14" high, 44: wide, and 15" deep, with a port of 13.5" height, 3" width, and 15 inches in length I could get 38-39 hz. If I took some inches out of the height then I would have to put a bend in the port and I am not sure how to calculate that since the bend would go both directions. I can build another box if I need to with the new measurements for the 8s. I could also possibly run 10s in this box. Any help with this is appreciated. TIA. 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
john253a Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 For 4x sa8 You want between 2.4-3net with 35-50sq" port And 3x zv3 12 6-9 with 90-150sq" port Why don't you post your max measurements And total $$$ you want to spend on subs and amps And list what you have as far as elec, to support 3k+ rms build
03silvergt Posted October 26, 2013 Author Report Posted October 26, 2013 Okay, my max dimensions are 50" wide, 20" tall, and 15" deep. With those dimensions I can get a total of 7 cubes. The subs I listed are not necessarily the subs I am going to use. I could eventually end up with a trio of Memphis Mojos, DC level 4, etc. I don't have my mind set on a budget but it is somewhere between Walmart and the DD world record van. I do however want to start competing again. As far as electrical, I don't have anything yet. I am going to start tearing the truck apart to bag it, rebuild the engine, etc. While the engine is tore down I will be either buying an h.o alternator or having mine rebuilt to higher standards and redoing some of the engine wiring. I will also be running a couple extra batteries for the air compressors and stereo. 2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt. 2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.