Second Skin Audio

$800 Slot Ported Box

If you know shops than most of them charge out the ass for "custom built enclosures".

Hell the shop in my town charges like 400 bucks for a "custom" ported box for a couple 12s and all they do is just look off the "recommended" ported sizes which usually suck balls

Edited by aznboi3644

If you know shops than most of them charge out the ass for "custom built enclosures".

Hell the shop in my town charges like 400 bucks for a "custom" ported box for a couple 12s and all they do is just look off the "recommended" ported sizes which usually suck balls

thats why god created gilbraltor (flea market) prefab for 30 bucks, cant really beat that lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

East Texas I have a solution for you. This is what I had to do to cut a straight line. I went to sears and picked up a Circular saw that has a laser built into the saw. It made cutting lines freakin simple. All you have to do is Mark your lines out on your wood with a Marker or a Pencil, put the laser on the line and make sure your laser stays straight and on your line while you push your saw along it. SIMPLE. Makes box building a snap.

i work at what i would consider a pretty "high end" shop, and charge a lot less than the prices you guys are throwing around from other shops.

we would charge 400 max for that box, probably more like 350 carpeted, and properly braced for 4 12's as long as we are talking simple rectangle ported box....

400 for 2 12's slot port? wow, we would charge 250 for that one.

and with my commission, when i work on boxes, i make like 50$/hr (only when i work on boxes though, which is a few times every pay period), and thats with fair priced boxes, so those guys are just greedy.

what a rip man, sounds like their installer thinks his commission should be what the box is worth.

Edited by 99_Xploder

I would ask for help from family or friends that have tools and some skills with wood, it's really no big deal, most people don't want to becuz of fear. If you decide to make your own box, whatever you do don't carpet it or make it pretty. that's why you would want to make your own box so you can change it,cut it, and do some testing on so many different things , like bracing, and then when finally your satisfied then you finish it.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom