Sonic Electronix

New to setups, need help with an idea.

the best of both is possible. my last system before I took it apart to rebuild was a DD 9515 on a Soundstream XXX-4000, and Soundstream mids/highs. I could play almost any kind of music. Like I said its all about the install.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

the best of both is possible. my last system before I took it apart to rebuild was a DD 9515 on a Soundstream XXX-4000, and Soundstream mids/highs. I could play almost any kind of music. Like I said its all about the install.

So, did you have nice rumbling bass, AND nice punchy bass? Or did you have to sacrifice some of one for the other?

I had both. The video here shows more rumbling bass. I don't have any vids of punchy but I can assure you it could play both.

http://youtu.be/-ZDYGag2Umg

oh and by the way that really bad rattling sound that was coming from under the car was because the heat shielding had broke because of the bass. its fixed now.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

I had both. The video here shows more rumbling bass. I don't have any vids of punchy but I can assure you it could play both.

http://youtu.be/-ZDYGag2Umg

oh and by the way that really bad rattling sound that was coming from under the car was because the heat shielding had broke because of the bass. its fixed now.

Are you saying that the bass literally rattled your car apart?

Well yes and no. it had already been loose because of Michigan winters and Being driven on dirt roads from time to time. the bass finished it off. it was a simple fix though. this is what broke.

WP_20130822_002_zps8e80ce2f.jpg

I doubt you will have problems like that. my friend has 2 12's in a trunk and has no problems at all.

Pioneer HU

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Instagram @p4linnovation

Well yes and no. it had already been loose because of Michigan winters and Being driven on dirt roads from time to time. the bass finished it off. it was a simple fix though. this is what broke.

I doubt you will have problems like that. my friend has 2 12's in a trunk and has no problems at all.

Well.. I kinda accidentally jumped a curb, being forced to drive over a second curb. So I don't know if my heat shield is busted or not.

You need to read a lot more on this forum, OP.

Larger subs or smaller subs play the same music, it's only a matter of enclosure and settings.

I run a single set of component speakers in my front doors, with a single sub (15" now, but I had a 12" recently) : I can play everything, all kind of bass lines, all music.

And I have only 2 amps : one for the component set and one for the sub. I don't need nothing more, but my speakers are very good (IMO).

Put some money on a good set, forget anything in the rear, except the bass : 2 tens, one 15", whatever...

Sundown is not super expensive, it may be cheap for that quality !

Car audio is not a cheap hobby. You can buy used equiment to save some cash and have good deals.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Why is it that you want to put subs in the rear deck? To save trunk space ? U want punchy grab two ten inch subs and a pre fabricated box...and throw in a nice component set in the front and maybe some mids in the rear..d block amp for bass and 4ch amp for highs..then later ull fiqure out wat it is you really want from an audio setup..

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

You need to read a lot more on this forum, OP.

Larger subs or smaller subs play the same music, it's only a matter of enclosure and settings.

I run a single set of component speakers in my front doors, with a single sub (15" now, but I had a 12" recently) : I can play everything, all kind of bass lines, all music.

And I have only 2 amps : one for the component set and one for the sub. I don't need nothing more, but my speakers are very good (IMO).

Put some money on a good set, forget anything in the rear, except the bass : 2 tens, one 15", whatever...

Sundown is not super expensive, it may be cheap for that quality !

Car audio is not a cheap hobby. You can buy used equiment to save some cash and have good deals.

Why is it that you want to put subs in the rear deck? To save trunk space ? U want punchy grab two ten inch subs and a pre fabricated box...and throw in a nice component set in the front and maybe some mids in the rear..d block amp for bass and 4ch amp for highs..then later ull fiqure out wat it is you really want from an audio setup..

In my opinion ..processors would be overdoing it for some one w I th no experience...you can mess thing up more if you dont know what youre doing with processors..but anything is possible

Notorious97200, everything I've seen on youtube says that smaller subs are punchier. No hobby is cheap, but how does Crescendo compare to Sundown?

And Bassman619, I've been told that subs in the rear deck makes the sound crisper. How true that is, I don't know. Sometimes I do need my trunk, and folding down the seats all the time isn't an option. Plus it'd just look better having two 10"s and two 6.5"s or 8"s fiberglassed in the deck. If putting subs back there in the deck does make the sound crisper, and the aesthetics are better, I'm all for it. Now making a box back there would be difficult, but I figured I could mount the subs straight into the modded deck, then on the underside have a box, most likely a sealed one, but would this work? I know it'd take hours of designing to get the right dimensions but if it's better I'm for it.

And the processors I know would be difficult tuning the first time, but I can eventually tune it perfectly and have some help from a few friends. This might be my first setup, but I'd rather have the best quality I can get from it.

Archived