how would YOU make $100,000 make you more money?

buy a 7-11 or McDonald franchise and put the rest away in a personal safe!

What "Rest" lol A McDs franchise is $1 million

Churches Chicken franchise was 49K last I checked. Get one in the right local...and you will make molla with very little pocket money lost.

• 4 weeks later...

im actually curious about this as well. Im involved in a malpractice lawsuit that could net me 200k before taxes. So if I win, I have been trying to think of ways I could turn it into more profit, and if I lose, then doesnt matter, but at least I will be more knowledge about making money, in the event I get a good chunk saved up. The lawsuit costs me nothing, so I dont have anything to lose on it, only reason I agreed to it, initially justs wanted to not be bothered, but my grandma insisted.

Currently, stocks are not a great way I think, because right now, you either have to catch a huge company with a low stock, and hope they get a huge return on a product launch or something, or catch a new company going public, sort of like facebook or twitter, facebook took a long time but its finally getting to a profitable standpoint. Or I was thinking tech startups, they are a massive investment right now, but its hard to get your foot in the door unless you have millions to work with or if you happen to find a tech start up locally, or catch one online before the big boys do.

Personally, I am extremely interested in graphene, it is consdiered the next major step in technology. We are in the technological era, or the silcon age now, they believe next is the graphene age. I cant remember the city, but there is a place that may end up becoming the silicon valley of graphene. But as far stock options and such goes, I am not sure, I know very little about it. Nokia had a massive grant to do graphene research, but now that microsoft bought them or is buying them or may be buying them, I dont know if that is going to change.

Im good with my job and such right now, im poor, but I make good money (high hourly wage, but only work part time, get full time benefits though), I just have more going out then coming in.

I also thought about doing the 401k thing, I have one through my employer. Or also a higher yield bank account, its not a ton of extra money, but it still would grow interest. Im looking more long term on a profit than short term. Tech is something I am definitely interested in though, so it would probably be my number one thing to research.

im actually curious about this as well. Im involved in a malpractice lawsuit that could net me 200k before taxes. So if I win, I have been trying to think of ways I could turn it into more profit, and if I lose, then doesnt matter, but at least I will be more knowledge about making money, in the event I get a good chunk saved up. The lawsuit costs me nothing, so I dont have anything to lose on it, only reason I agreed to it, initially justs wanted to not be bothered, but my grandma insisted.

Currently, stocks are not a great way I think, because right now, you either have to catch a huge company with a low stock, and hope they get a huge return on a product launch or something, or catch a new company going public, sort of like facebook or twitter, facebook took a long time but its finally getting to a profitable standpoint. Or I was thinking tech startups, they are a massive investment right now, but its hard to get your foot in the door unless you have millions to work with or if you happen to find a tech start up locally, or catch one online before the big boys do.

Personally, I am extremely interested in graphene, it is consdiered the next major step in technology. We are in the technological era, or the silcon age now, they believe next is the graphene age. I cant remember the city, but there is a place that may end up becoming the silicon valley of graphene. But as far stock options and such goes, I am not sure, I know very little about it. Nokia had a massive grant to do graphene research, but now that microsoft bought them or is buying them or may be buying them, I dont know if that is going to change.

Im good with my job and such right now, im poor, but I make good money (high hourly wage, but only work part time, get full time benefits though), I just have more going out then coming in.

I also thought about doing the 401k thing, I have one through my employer. Or also a higher yield bank account, its not a ton of extra money, but it still would grow interest. Im looking more long term on a profit than short term. Tech is something I am definitely interested in though, so it would probably be my number one thing to research.

Sorry, it's 2 am so I only read just until after the facebook or twitter stock thing.

I noticed you mentioned that stocks are not in a good way right now, and while that's a "debatable" answer I'm not going to bother with it. What I will say though is that looking back at US statistical economic history, the market has always rebounded higher after a crash than ever before. So while most people believe stock investments are an absolute waste, the chances statistically would say that you have the highest chances of doing well. Take a look at this chart here, and while the only exceptions are 1930-31, the market did in fact recover much stronger, but it took a few more years (hence the great depression, not the short depression) but all in all, it has always come back stronger.

biggestdowlosses.jpg

Now, there is one thing that might be a problem for the current time and situation. We've not had debt like this for this long with the other crashes, I've heard, (and to be honest I haven't really looked into it much for myself or even checked how reputable the sources are), that there could be another "Third phase" of the 08' aftermath even worse than before supposedly happen in 2013-14. I'm still highly skeptical on it, but debt and inflation are really setting the bar high here, who knows?

Edit: I just noticed the 401k thing, honestly I would do this first, the problem being you are limited per year as to how much you can put in. Hopefully you also have a Roth IRA or IRA account too? I believe the current limit on the 401k is like ~$17.5k and the Roth IRA or IRA is $5,500 So you should really contribute the maximum amount into those, you will see the most growth with that over time if you start now. Though I know it will affect your tax reductions variably, so check on that as well.(you can't contribute to a Roth IRA and a regular IRA at the same time, only 1 type of 401, and 1 type of IRA) I actually handle my Moms vangaurd/fidelity/T Rowe Price accounts for her, she hadn't been very active on them, but I've compiled and rolled them over to make it easier since she switched jobs quite a bit and so far she's at about $380k combined value, her projected growth for the next year is much higher than it was before, (not necessarily because of the crash, but just because she was still invested in dormant stocks) I actually believe this would be your best plan of action. The largest gain was from the old vangaurd accounts that she's put almost $61k into and their profit margin was almost $50k on that to sit at $110,721. If you get the max amount in there now, and even a few years after, or even better, honestly, your (present?/future?) kids 529 accounts, lord know I wish my parents had put more in there when I was born lol, especially with the way college tuition's are going. I mean, winning a low lottery jackpot at this point most likely won't cover my expected school costs lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived