air ride radio flyer build..

hey to everyone ..

getting some bits together to build a radio flyer cart/trolley..

normal airbags aren't really worth the money for a cart to pull things/kids around/beer around car meets ect

was looking at a few other radio flyer's few where using a air cylinder in place of the bag which makes sence

but wondering what kind of weight can they take? of course depending on quality of the unit ect

how can i work it out? most of them dont say :/ looking at a few ebay items at the moment mainly

( EG. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SC-40-100-40mm-Bore-100mm-Stroke-Pneumatic-Air-Cylinder-/400341041883?pt=AU_Business_Industrial_Industrial_Supply_MRO&hash=item5d362f82db&_uhb=1#ht_1419wt_906 )

i have another way in mind but would rather the air...

Interesting ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 months later...

Air cylinder ratings will change with every cylinder. The larger the cylinder bore, the less air pressure they will take to lift the same weight as a smaller cylinder, but you will use more volume. Idk of a cylinder that wouldn't be able to handle the weight of a kid and cart, as long as they are mounted properly so there is no side deflection on the shaft.

I know eBay has used air cylinders all day long. Usually from production plants. I've bought a few and they've always worked perfectly.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

2 - Sundown SA 8V2 | CT Sounds 1400.1 | Pioneer DEH-X8500BS | 4/0 Big 3

The cylinder you linked to on eBay is wayyyyy overkill. I bet that thing could lift 400 lbs easily by itself. I could be wrong. I didn't see any pressure ratings. But smc cylinders are usually around 250psi x 40mm cylinder bore = 394lbs. Unless I'm missing something.

You could get a cylinder in the 25mm range and be just fine.

sigpic24465_1.jpg

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/400357579365?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Something like this. This is a 6" stroke. Idk how much lift you are wanting to achieve. But if you incorporated a lever lift system, you could get a cylinder that's quite a bit shorter.

Sorry for writing so much. I've built/dreamed up so many lil projects like this. I've built a bagged chopper bicycle and am currently building a slammed riding lawn mower. Haha. I love little fun projects!

sigpic24465_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

hey been a while haha my bad, hoilday and general life putting delays on projects

Jordan built one on sound man. Check out soundmancaraudio on YouTube and he shows the build

yeah saw his, he uses one from a car kind of setup, bit of overkill their made to lift 2 ton? give or take, and bit expensive :(

The cylinder you linked to on eBay is wayyyyy overkill. I bet that thing could lift 400 lbs easily by itself. I could be wrong. I didn't see any pressure ratings. But smc cylinders are usually around 250psi x 40mm cylinder bore = 394lbs. Unless I'm missing something.

You could get a cylinder in the 25mm range and be just fine.

yeah wasnt sure how to work out how much weight they could hold at what psi

if that was correct and could take anywhere near to 400lbs... makes life easier haha, and opens up a few doors for other projects i have ( eg, air ride bike's ect )

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/400357579365?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Something like this. This is a 6" stroke. Idk how much lift you are wanting to achieve. But if you incorporated a lever lift system, you could get a cylinder that's quite a bit shorter.

Sorry for writing so much. I've built/dreamed up so many lil projects like this. I've built a bagged chopper bicycle and am currently building a slammed riding lawn mower. Haha. I love little fun projects!

yeah depends on the build ( not many plans here during little builds haha ) just have a general idea and make things work ;)

6" would make a statement haha

all good sorry for taking a bit to respond, little projects are always awesome, recently built/building a chopper but just took the pedals off, needs to go lower ... could use some bags though ;)

got any pics of your chopper / lawnmower ? and nice ride ( in your sig )

( not upto date pic, been playing with the front forks, and yeah pedals in progress of being moved ( when get few parts ) http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab280/Liighthead/CAM00337.jpg http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab280/Liighthead/CAM00335.jpg )

and making a slammed trailer for it / my trike

Sounds interesting any pics

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived