nocturnalrites101 Posted October 30, 2013 Author Report Posted October 30, 2013 Im by no means limited by space. However i though a 10 or 2 might be more responsive for the application
Kevin M Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 It can depend on application. If I were doing an spl type setup over 150db center console will work. If I were doing a setup for sq pr lower volume system I would definitely want to have them on either side. 10" vented in the floors or kicks can work. Or the doors. They can go in the rear too providing you can get the pathlengths equal under 6" and have time alignment. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Tecomah Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 It can depend on application. If I were doing an spl type setup over 150db center console will work. If I were doing a setup for sq pr lower volume system I would definitely want to have them on either side. 10" vented in the floors or kicks can work. Or the doors. They can go in the rear too providing you can get the pathlengths equal under 6" and have time alignment. yes dual for sq but since the first post says 24s just going to hazard a guess that this is not a sound quality build but more of a groundpounding monster 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
nocturnalrites101 Posted October 30, 2013 Author Report Posted October 30, 2013 Does it honestly make a difference of my enclosure placement? say i have 2 separate enclosures one in cargo area with a single 24 and another enclosure there with 2 tens vrs 24 in the cargo and a pair of tens build in the center consoleBtw yes SQL not pure spl.
Kevin M Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 If were talking about in excess of 150db then not really. For the most part 300hz and below is omni directional.( As long as you have no rattles.) But I would still want them in stereo rather than mono.(one on either side ) That being said the farthest forward and center you can put a single midbass source the better; even if it is two speakers. It comes down to alot of variables. SPL, stage width and height, x-over freq, music you listen to. It is up to you how much sq in sql you want to do. Unless you have T/A or are willing to do multiple midbass (Research the cone of confusion) I would put them up front. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.