Sundown Audio

Impedance?

RAVENSCROFT24

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Impedance is your resistance or ohm load. When wiring the 2 12's the daul 1 voice coils will get you a finall ohm load of 1 ohm so your amp will reach its full potential of 2200 watts.

If you run daul 2 ohms subs you could wire down to either .5 ohm or 2 ohm which at 2 ohm lets just say not sure on the exact specs of that amp you will reach something like 1600 watts.lower the ohm load the more power dropping below 1 ohm could damage the amp and so on.

If you google 12volt wiring it will come up with a wiring diagram that lets you select how many speakers and what coils.

You'd probably want to go with d1 coils so you can get that 1 ohm load and reach full potental

Your subs finall ohm load will tell your amp how much power and what ohm it will play at

get dual 1ohm coils.

wire the subs coils in series. (each sub will be 2ohms)

and then wire the subs in parallel (load at the amp will be 1ohm)

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Impedance is your resistance or ohm load. When wiring the 2 12's the daul 1 voice coils will get you a finall ohm load of 1 ohm so your amp will reach its full potential of 2200 watts.

If you run daul 2 ohms subs you could wire down to either .5 ohm or 2 ohm which at 2 ohm lets just say not sure on the exact specs of that amp you will reach something like 1600 watts.lower the ohm load the more power dropping below 1 ohm could damage the amp and so on.

If you google 12volt wiring it will come up with a wiring diagram that lets you select how many speakers and what coils.

You'd probably want to go with d1 coils so you can get that 1 ohm load and reach full potental

Your subs finall ohm load will tell your amp how much power and what ohm it will play at

No way a newbie should be running that amp .5 ohm. Plus you will need a battery or so in the back.

thanks guys I really appreciate it, I plan on getting new wiring kit from knuknoceptz.com.........doing 4 gauge wiring

NO, run 0ga for 2200w

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

thanks guys I really appreciate it, I plan on getting new wiring kit from knuknoceptz.com.........doing 4 gauge wiring

You need at least 0/1 wire that amp takes and makes lots of power. 4 gauge won't cut it, like I said plus you need a AGM battery in the back by the amp, and I'd get an AGM battery up front.

Got Ninja

Archived