Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box build help for 1 10" RE SX10


1v1orgtfo

Recommended Posts

Posted

i am looking to build a ported box with a rectangular port for my RE SX10 (I listen to rap and love that low bass)


i already have the SX10 in my car in a ported box tuned to 40-50hz (not too sure cuz i bought it online). it does the job but doesnt hit those lows like i read about the RE SX10 doing =(


i have a 1999 Chrysler sebring softtop


it will be running off a DX kicker 1000.1


iv been reading that i should make the box 1.25 ft^3 at 34hz, please let me know if you disagree with these numbers and can we go lower without it sounding like shit?


the subs displacement is .15ft^3 so i would want a 1.4ft^3 box right?


already bought some 3/4" MDF


max dims would be W20" H11" D28"


id like to put 45s in every corner, how big should i make these?


what dims would you recommend i make the box?



I used REs calculator but iv heard that it isnt correct, so i thought id ask for some help, but this is what RE gave me...


znrll5.png



Posted

I just made a box and used the re calc and thought I was tuned to 35 but when I threw my dimensions in Torres it said 40. Use the torres calc. Let me see if I can dig up the specs for the box I made.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

null_zpsae26279b.jpg

null_zpsbac37bd0.jpg

I was pretty happy with the sound of this box it was tight with good impact but just did move enough air but its only a 10.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Posted

box with that size net volume you should really try a 3" aero port. 1.2 cubic feet tuned to 30hz with a 3" aero port will be drastically smaller than a slotted port and probably sound better.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5740 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...