hazestorm23 Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 OK so I'm here scrolling through the forums and someone posted a sale going on at wooferwarehouse so I decide to check it out and notice they are selling some 21" incriminator audio warden subs but as I scroll through the features it says it only has a 3" coil that is supposed to handle 3500 watts RMS. But then I remembered that the mtx jackhammer 22" had a 6.5" coil that can handle 4000 RMS. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm just trying to understand what the difference is other than the coil size. Take note I do not intend to purchase either I'm just curious as to why they would have a 3" coil in a 21" sub
Neckbeard Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 Coil size has a lot to do with how much over power(clean) said sub can handle Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
Soccerballzs Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 It also has to with how well the coil will cool. Not very many people own the MTX. 3 to 4 inch are normal for high powered subs. I prefer the 4 inch myself. Easy to find drop in replacements when you do a recone. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
hazestorm23 Posted November 1, 2013 Author Report Posted November 1, 2013 It also has to with how well the coil will cool. Not very many people own the MTX. 3 to 4 inch are normal for high powered subs. I prefer the 4 inch myself. Easy to find drop in replacements when you do a recone. This is true but I have seen 12"s with 4" coils so I'm just thinking why would a 21" only have a 3"
bkolfo4 Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 Because they used an existing basket from another sub that did not require the larger coil. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.