Second Skin Audio

DD 9512 on 1100 watts scores

Rob Smith

I've done 151.8 with a 3 kw Amp.

With a single 12?

At what freq? What type of run? Burp or music? 30second run? Windows down? What ?

Neat for you, and I'd pat you on the back. Only problem is your hand won't lift off.

It needs a different box. Both subs are really different in parameters and what makes them happy. I wouldn't necessarily expect a 3db increase, but I'd expect a better sounding sub and probably some more output. Good amount of airspace and basically twice the port area that you have now will be a good starting point.

The box will need to be larger to accommodate for the larger port and the air that the port itself will displace.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Congrats, good score on a single 12" sub. Amp was wired at half ohm it appears. It looks purely burp only with tons of testing I'm sure, not really applicable to a guy running a single 12" DD in a Dodge Journey on 1/3rd the power.

Great setup though, no disrespect from here AT all :) Keep on doing your thing brother.

This is why I like this forum so much.. Post a question and get good answers,some might be harsh sometimes but very truthful..

A port that is 13.5X4.25" would give 57" of port. The box would need to be LARGE because of how much volume the port displaces. I came up with about 4.5 cubes gross, 2.85 net(didn't put in sub displacement). The port needs to be really long to hit your tuning, like 35". You should have the space available in that vehicle. If you want it to perform, build a new one that will work for the sub :)

Yes at db drag, single 12", DVC 1 ohm with a DD Z1 Amp, single batery at stock place in car, 61 Hz

988706_10201508791663466_23790076_n.jpg

Once again, good for you.

You can already tell he's more musical. And no where NEAR a 60hz burp dude.

Again,. Good for you, but the op deserves some kudos also.

Archived