Second Skin Audio

box design needed!!!!!

Cvb205

Hey everyone I'm new here. I am trying to get a box design for 2 earthquake 15dbxi in a 2000 crown vic. The trunk dimensions are 16" high 42" wide and 27" deep. I want subwoofers and port(s) firing up, they will be powered by a ct sound 1400.1 or 2500.1.

here is a link to torres box tuning calculator http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/

input your dimensions and start there.

i cant make you a design right now, working on some of my own atm for my buddys subaru.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Dude the specs I found on that sub from Earthquake's website say that the sub has 88.9MM of Xmax. If that is true, you have room for only one in your trunk. They will require a SILLY amount of port to function properly. Or you can sacrifice port and go by the "rule of thumb" 12-16" per cube of port area. I wouldn't feel comfortable designing you a box with knowing how much they would need. I honestly don't even know it that Xmax figure can be trusted. Maybe that is the peak to peak excursion number, but it's hard to believe that it's the Xmax. I would guess the sub is actually in the 14-20MM range for Xmax.

So I can't design anything for you and KNOW it's going to perform without REALLY knowing that spec, it's an important one.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

justin e/quake label the xmas in both directions, xmach is 98mm xmas is 74

but in it write up it talks about

"The massive height of 31mm speaks to the excursion potential. The suspension is of the single-roll type - laminated and thermally pressed for extreme strength and mobility. It allows cone travel of more than 62 mm"

every site i go to lists something different

sonic says 88.9mm

but I'm 99%sure that not one way

Yeah John, I agree. No way that's one way linear. I'm thinking TRUE Xmax is probably in the 14-20MM range. If it were my box and my sub, I'd build to what I think specs were. I wouldn't feel comfortable giving someone help without proper info though. I wouldn't want him hating the outcome or me for giving a bad suggestion.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived