pitbullninja Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 I just got my apsm 1300 ( temporary 1k rms) until I upgrade my electrical. currently running two 12 Kenwood and was wondering if I bought the two subs I really want and plan on using for a long time early (FI Q 12s) put them in a eBay box@32hz if they would be fine being underpowered or would that cause damage to them?I plan on getting 2-3.5k when I really learn what im doing.
CodyHendo Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 Would not be damaged at all if you are under powering. If anything it'd be a nice little break in period. The only problem would be if your voltage dropped too much and your amps starts sending clipped signals to the subs. but that shouldn't be too big of a problem.
pitbullninja Posted November 3, 2013 Author Report Posted November 3, 2013 ok cool, should I get a capacitor? people keep telling me to get one... but I feel as tho I should get a xs power secondary I had a electrical issue ruined my girl friend alternator on a Damn 160 watts rms.. I didn't think that would have been an issue but eh. w.e
CodyHendo Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 I would say the extra battery, usually people get capacitors when they don't wanna spend too much on a battery. If you are able get a battery. No one on any of these forums really likes capacitors, just not very helpful.
Cox Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 Capacitors do have their place, just not for you. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Guest Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 lol capacitors are absolutely useless if your electrical system can't even support the amps themselves (meaning little to no voltage drop). adding a cap will just strain the electrical more
pitbullninja Posted November 3, 2013 Author Report Posted November 3, 2013 that's what I was thinking.. stupid people trying to argue with me " who ever heard of a battery in the trunk" then the other guy agreed so I literally just walked out of the store
CodyHendo Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 two examples right there haha i completely agree though.
skittlesRgood Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 that's what I was thinking.. stupid people trying to argue with me " who ever heard of a battery in the trunk" then the other guy agreed so I literally just walked out of the store only thousands of us lol. that's a fairly typical reaction from a shop though. unfortunately. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
ChevyBoy95 Posted November 3, 2013 Report Posted November 3, 2013 capacitors are only useful when your existing electrical can already sustain great voltage under heavy load, then the capacitor is added as a buffer for the quick voltage drops to reduce the blow in quick high load situations. for what you need, is an extra battery in the back, sealed AGM. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.