Sky's 99 F150 build -Sundown X18-XS Power-Sky High Car Audio

looking good man, really clean truck i like the body style, are you planning on any off road lights or a grill guard?

looking good man, really clean truck i like the body style, are you planning on any off road lights or a grill guard?

Thanks bud. I think I'm done for the most part with the exterior of my truck. I don't wanna put any more money into it. I'm probably gonna be parting ways with it in about a year.

Did a little light painting today in the port. Ran out of paint.

null_zps2bd11860.jpg

Put the rest of the port together.

null_zpsed64e5b9.jpg

Sanded the corners on port piece.

null_zpsc12692c3.jpg

The truck looks really nice. Wanna see more pics of the enclosure ;)

How are you liking your woofer amp? I recently just picked one up but haven't got around to putting it in just yet. Does it do alright with proper voltage?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

@standardcabspl thanks man.

@accordian. Should be cutting some circles tonight after I go buy a new router. The amp has done me solid for years. I had it to 2 15in T1s for a good year and half in a different vehicle on stock power and never had any voltage issues. My f150 now I think my battery is just toast. So I'm getting pretty bad voltage drop atm. I have my amp set with a dd1 so gains are good. My amp light is even dimming bad. I'm waiting on a few packages in the mail to fix the problem :)

null_zps436a773c.jpg

New router jig

null_zps9ff6eeab.jpg

null_zps7223e7e5.jpg

Test cuts

null_zps923df1bd.jpg

More paint to port

null_zpsa1bed9a0.jpg

null_zps47a63c2e.jpg

Double baffle turned out great

null_zpsac1f19e5.jpg

null_zpsa31e3585.jpg

null_zps1b949ebd.jpg

Old battery terminals. Super corroded!

null_zpscf01ea68.jpg

Bolt cutters do great for cutting sky high wire. Below the bolt cutters is my old stock grounds. I couldn't believe the first one when I pulled it out..

null_zpsf926c0b7.jpg

Only way I could crimp this monster wire

null_zpsf47996c6.jpg

Sky high 1/0 next to JL audio 0 gauge. Hard to tell but the sky high made my JL look like a baby. The JL is what I'm using for my amp.

null_zps0c58bd3b.jpg

Found some new wire at work.. MEGA gauge in 3ft spools :P

null_zps7b9fbdac.jpg

And a lil bit of port action

null_zps54c61343.jpg

saw a torch and some solder. did you solder all the connections or just crimp them? and any pics of the wire installed?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived