So I got a sound citation today...

This is why I made sure to dampen my car pretty well. I'm not running crazy power like some of you, but I can have my shit pretty loud and have it barely noticeable outside the car. The only thing that might tip you off is a slight rattle of my rear glass and wiper, or if I have my mids/highs turned all the way up you can hear them a bit, but probably not more than the average factory system cranked up. I do a lot of city driving, so if I didn't dampen it up well I'd never be able to turn it up.

2008 Subaru WRX STI

K&N Typhoon Intake

Invidia Polished Stainless 3" turbo back with cat

Cobb Accessport

Dyno tune from Kaizen Tuning

320awhp 330ft-lb awtq

MTX 421D Sub amp

American Bass SQ900 Highs/Mids amp

Sundown Audio SD-2 10 D4

JL Audio XR653-CS 3-way Components

3sixty.2

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Custom fiberglass wheel well enclosure

Transmission Line quasi-floor enclosure

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/13-member-rides-builds-show-off-your-whip-show-off-your-system/

Bill Fitzmaurice TLAH line-array hifi towers

9 Goldwood 4" mids (each)

12 Goldwood 1/2" tweeters (each)

NAD 1020 Preamp

MiniDSP 2x4 Balanced processor

Thorens TD166mkII Turntable

Hafler DH-200 Amplifier

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192638-line-array-hifi-tower-build/

https://www.facebook.com/HolyMountainGlass

What does a red light have to do with anything? I get so tired of hearing that ridiculous notion. 30 seconds at stop is evil but if you drive by magically it's all good. It's not a residential area, the red light is not right outside someone's home...it's out in public. And the ticket isn't stoplight color dependant, lol. I'll never understand how people can think so negatively about redlight music, lol

I guess it's just the fact that plp are stuck sitting there and can't move. Maybe they consider it a public disturbance thing, idk

Yeah that makes sense, I knew it was something having to do with other drivers. I know that hear in Fuquay Varina the ordnance is 50 ft. Meaning that if they can hear it from 50 feet away they will give you a ticket. Or maybe it's 40 feet, something like that.

it's my understanding having your stereo "too loud" inhibits other peoples ability to hear emergency sirens coming

i never understood that "emergency sirens" thing. if somebody actually pays attention to their surroundings using their eyes, how can they not spot absurdly bright flashing blue and red lights? or those little white lights that turn on on those intersection light poles that tell you an emergency vehicle is nearby?

Well, let's say you're turning left...and there's a semi blocking the view of the lane you're turning in...you can't hear good...and there's an emergency vehicle in the lane you're turning trying to get around the semi-truck....yeah...that's how it can happen. As for the warning lights informing there is an emergency vehicle by...Michigan doesn't have any of those...as far as I know.

As it is in my area, the authorities don't care if your system is loud...but if it's vibrating stuff in their vehicle, they'll pull you over and give you a warning, unless they are having a bad day or it's the end of the month...then they'll give you a ticket. Happened in my buick..cop was across the street..and pulled me over. Said it was vibrating his equipment...called bullshit..but it is what it is.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

9 times outta 10, I have most the people giving me the "turn it up" motion.

I'll let it eat if its all good. Like time of day, who seems to be around, all that.

I've been pulled over one time while really leaning on it. The cop pulled me over due to me turning left and not using a blinker.
I pulled over and before he said a word I said "dude, I'm sorry, that one is on me, im sorry."
He said " I don't care about your stereo ?!?!?! , you didn't signal sir ".

I was like. Oh,.... ok.

Seems its different everywhere. Some have ZERO toleration, others, have better to do.

Still, he did tell me to watch the time of day. Later it gets, keep it down or off.

And no matter what, I respect everyone. I had a neighbor tell about this LOUD blazer in the area. I turned and looked at my wife, she started laughing.
My own neighbors don't even know mine even has gear. I don't let it rip, anywhere near my neighborhood. No way im that guy. Sorry op, them's the breaks. Work a bit of OT. And pay with a smile.

I'll let it eat if its all good. Like time of day, who seems to be around, all that.

I've been pulled over one time while really leaning on it. The cop pulled me over due to me turning left and not using a blinker.

I pulled over and before he said I word I said "dude, I'm sorry, that's one me"

He said " I don't care about your stereo, you didn't signal".

Seems its deiffersnt everywhere. Still, he did tell me to watch the time of day. Later it gets, keep it down or off.

And no matter what, I respect everyone. I had a neighbor tell about this LOUD blazer in the area. I turned and looked at my wife, she started laughing.

My own neighbors don't even know mine even has gear. I don't let it rip, anywhere near my neighborhood. No way im that guy. Sorry op, them's the breaks. Work a bit of OT. And pay with a smile.

See you got my respect, because I turn it off a couple streets before I even pull near my house. Well mainly because I don't want people knowing I got a system and get an idea to steal it. And by a couple streets I mean like 6 miles away from my area.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I pulled over and before he said I word I said "dude, I'm sorry, that's one me"

He said " I don't care about your stereo, you didn't signal".

Seems its deiffersnt everywhere. Still, he did tell me to watch the time of day. Later it gets, keep it down or off.

See you got my respect, because I turn it off a couple streets before I even pull near my house. Well mainly because I don't want people knowing I got a system and get an idea to steal it. And by a couple streets I mean like 6 miles away from my area.

See i turn mine down when i get into town.. But everyone knows my truck, the also know not to fuck with it. Mainly because everyone knows my gear, so it wont go far un-noticed Anddd my train horns are hooked to the alarm, so when it goes off, its heard lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived