Second Skin Audio

grand prix sub box

xavier419

corrections fellas my box is 36"x15"x28" not 16"h as stated

here is a pic of the issues I had getting my box in

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/garychurch84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0304141201_zps4c4f9609.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

wasn't anything serious but an extra hand really helps

Yeah that's what I thought about the height. 16" is just too tall to fit through that opening unless the box depth is way shorter. It's too bad because the trunk is actually fairly big and could accomodate like 17" I believe. Anyways i'll try building a cardboard mock up of the box I want to build and go from there. I'll shoot for 36w x 19d x 15h. I might try 15.5 for the height lol, every little bit counts.

corrections fellas my box is 36"x15"x28" not 16"h as stated

here is a pic of the issues I had getting my box in

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/garychurch84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/0304141201_zps4c4f9609.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

wasn't anything serious but an extra hand really helps

Yeah that's what I thought about the height. 16" is just too tall to fit through that opening unless the box depth is way shorter. It's too bad because the trunk is actually fairly big and could accomodate like 17" I believe. Anyways i'll try building a cardboard mock up of the box I want to build and go from there. I'll shoot for 36w x 19d x 15h. I might try 15.5 for the height lol, every little bit counts.

I think you could get away with 26"d without any issues.the 36" wide is dead on very tight fit between the strut towers.I think you could get an extra .5" in height aslong as you keep the depth lower than me,17"h would get into the motors of my 6x9's which shouldn't be there anyhow.My icons done beat the hell out of those lol

The closer to a cube the box is, the most space-efficient the box is.

TL;DR- adding length to the smallest side will give you more volume than adding length to the largest side.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

so your saying that you have a maximum space of 7.6cubic feet?

that's great news for me! i want a Pontiac something and i want to put 2 15s in it. but i want subs facing cabin sealed off from the trunk so you just saved me a long time on google!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Anyone with a 97 - 03 Grand Prix upgrade their front battery under the hood. I've been thinking about buying a bigger one at the same time I do the big three upgrade and was wondering what the max dimensions are. I'm at work right now so I can't measure it for myself.

To Aj11 don't get a Grand Prix like me if you want 15's I'm having a difficult time fitting one big enough for 2 12's.

the subs will be sealed from the trunk facing into the cabin. I'm not afraid to take a hack saw to the car! ; )

just as long as i know the air space is there I'll make it work!

HEY YOU GUYS WITH THE PONTIACS HOW IS YOU'RE CHARGING SYSTEM? i wanna know if its a pcm controlled alt or not. meaning do you constantly stay at 14.6 volts or do you start at 14.6 and slowly drop to 13.8 volts and stay there? please answer this for me!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

the subs will be sealed from the trunk facing into the cabin. I'm not afraid to take a hack saw to the car! ; )

just as long as i know the air space is there I'll make it work!

HEY YOU GUYS WITH THE PONTIACS HOW IS YOU'RE CHARGING SYSTEM? i wanna know if its a pcm controlled alt or not. meaning do you constantly stay at 14.6 volts or do you start at 14.6 and slowly drop to 13.8 volts and stay there? please answer this for me!

Oh well if your not afraid to hack away then go for it lol. in the 97 - 03 grand prix you can't fold down the rear seat, but i guess that doesn't really matter if your going to hack it up. As for the charging system, I can't really give you specifics. I believe the alternator is a 115 amp stock in my 99' gtp (not 100% certain). I don't have anything to monitor battery voltage in the car, but i can tell you that i haven't had any dimming of lights from my hifonics 1700 watt amp running at 2 ohms (1200watts) with 4 gauge wire.

Archived