Sundown Audio

Alpine PDX amp's

Impalalpine

These amps do %.003 distortion at RMS? Is this some kind of misprint? That is insane. I mean I love alpine as much as the next guy (Alpine in my name) but those kind of numbers put what I thought was an exceptional amp to shame. (RF-Punch-500.4) And how small it is? its a beauty!

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26219_Alpine-PDX-F6.html

anyone want my 4 channel then? ( jk )

But in all seriousness... wtf. how does everyone not run these and scrap there 4, 2 channels. where is the downside i'm not seeing.

alsoo for all you that read this far.. AQ 20k for ya

thread inspired by Boomzoom808.

aq20k_zps1680bcb4.jpg

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

I own a P400-4 and a PDX F4 the downside is they are expensive and have a very limited EQ section which doesn't mean much if you are running them with an external processor. Yes they are tiny as well smaller than a normal size sheet of paper. I love mine if you get one I doubt you will be disappointed.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I own a P400-4 and a PDX F4 the downside is they are expensive and have a very limited EQ section which doesn't mean much if you are running them with an external processor. Yes they are tiny as well smaller than a normal size sheet of paper. I love mine if you get one I doubt you will be disappointed.

have you had any issues heat? reliability? this may be a 4 channel turning point in life for me. I could literally put two of those amps in the space my 500-4 takes up.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

Never had any issues with heat or reliability and I run it on stock electrical along side my P1000X1D on a single run of Rockford 4GA OFC front to back split between the two amps in the spare tire well. The amps are screwed down to bare mdf and are covered by a layer of carpet. When I pieced the system together in my Mazda I was going for all Class D efficiency.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I had two of those amps, well two of the older PDX amps. they are great, never had a problem. I did switch to the JL hd600/4 because it had a higher noise floor. 110db vs the PDX 94db. I had a little more static than I liked in my current setup and the JL helped. although I didn't remember static being a problem before... *shrug*

pdx or jl hd, I love not having to worry about ohm load. I can buy any speaker I want and always know I'll have 150w for it. probably saved me a lot of money over the years.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Screw that, for that price you can get 3 pioneer GM-D 8604. And they have great specs to. I love the shit out of mine.

I got mine used in mint condition for 200 bones I aint rich but I aint stupid either ;)

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I had two of those amps, well two of the older PDX amps. they are great, never had a problem. I did switch to the JL hd600/4 because it had a higher noise floor. 110db vs the PDX 94db. I had a little more static than I liked in my current setup and the JL helped. although I didn't remember static being a problem before... *shrug*

pdx or jl hd, I love not having to worry about ohm load. I can buy any speaker I want and always know I'll have 150w for it. probably saved me a lot of money over the years.

You are right about that the PDX amps will reveal any imperfections in your setup that's for sure and in the manual it states you have to space your power wires at least 2 inches apart (or something like that not sure of the exact distance) from your signal wires. They are very sensitive to noise pickup. Once I bypassed the factory ground in my wiring harness for my H/U and EQ I was blown away by the clarity dead silence...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Screw that, for that price you can get 3 pioneer GM-D 8604. And they have great specs to. I love the shit out of mine.

I got mine used in mint condition for 200 bones I aint rich but I aint stupid either ;)

LOL. well considering most of the guys here go nuts for pioneer head units, because of how clean they are. It amazes more haven;t tried their amps. Hell the 8604 is on sale for $135, and i wouldn't call that stupid for a 4 Chanel class D amp. To each his own.

truthsayer

Archived