06 Infinity QX56 C-Pillar 4 18" Crossfire xs-spl-v2 new videos coming

LOL. spl dust gods have you in there loving hand .

I will be in touch... im itching to hear this thing now... shit we may have to meet up before then lol.. let me know whats up

I am always down to demo you know that! Shoot me a PM we can exchange info and meet sometime in the near future.

thy shall message you on face book brother. you going to be like..."oh...shit" lol

Damn this is funny but we have builds in the same SUV only I am doing 3 SP4 15'3 in a box tuned to 32hz and on a Crossfire 8K.....lol...When I get done adding the battery bank and amp rack will post videos....

Psycho yeah know who you are now lol Last time you heard it was it the 2 18's or did you see the 4?

you had the 2... said you where about to tear it out. so its def time for me to get back in this sexy beast... woooo

I hate this getting dark so early crap... Tried to do a couple demo videos and it was so dark can't see shit...

Weird thing happened in the demo we were beating down got to about half on the bass knob and the bass went away. Checked amp it was cold, checked speakers cold no smell? Unplugged iPhone and replugged started car everything was good. I am thinking it must have shook the cable in the phone and made it lose a bit of connection the mids/highs also did not sound right. Everything was fine after replugging and restarting vehicle?

Got my new caps, new ofc shca 1/0 wire, aluminum for cap connectors, aluminum for bus bars, then it snows.... Not going to stop me going to try to get it all done today then I will be at a point I can make it all pretty in the back.

Still have to deaden the doors and a million other things the never ending story LOL

what part of md you in? no snow here

Frederick. Still got my work done only snowed last night not today. Will post up all the work in a bit although you have already seen it lol

Worked my ass of today getting everything in the back redone so to say. Took everything but my northstars out and totally redid it all added caps, more bus bars, rewired with 1/0 ofc, since I made my own bus bars this took most of the day drilling tapping and oh my!

So the crazy shit one bank of my caps got reversed in polarity somehow. I hooked them up in series and charged them just like the other one with correct polarity, but when I went ot hook up the bus bar nearly melted the end of the one that was reverse. Took a while to figure out what had happened but the volt meter does not lie showed -11.41 after the light and fire show. Turned it around and no issues.

Here are a few pics I took

Tap and dye set

IMG_0583.jpg

Tapping Bus bars

IMG_0588.jpg

Caps all connected and charged

IMG_0586.jpg

What the back looks like right now still alot of work to finish it up.

IMG_0590.jpg

That's a shit ton of caps! Haha! Curious as to why you went that route as opposed to batteries? Ive just never really seen a big system like yours using caps. Not knocking it by any means, just curious.

Props on making you're own buss bars n everything too!

Thanks!

Well when you already have 1200 extra pounds or more sitting in the back asding another 70-100 pound battery is not sexy at all. I already had 1 bank of caps sp added 2 more.

The bus bars were fun and turned out pretty good the one i had already built for te batteries were counter sunk so they would not hit the hatch these were resessed a bit and so i just tapped the ones the wires were going into.

Looks pretty intimadating right? Lol. What until i pretty the rest up it will be sweet thinking about doing beauty panels and putting plexi in front of the caps i want to see them think they look awesome.

Ahhh ok very true, good point. Do you just have the stock suspension?

I feel your pain as far as weight goes, (even tho I have no where near the weight you do), the ass on my Bu sags like hell! Can only imagine when I add a couple hundred pounds by adding another sub and build a 4th order rear deck blow thru.

Tuned in to see what you do for your beauty panels.

Ahhh ok very true, good point. Do you just have the stock suspension?

I feel your pain as far as weight goes, (even tho I have no where near the weight you do), the ass on my Bu sags like hell! Can only imagine when I add a couple hundred pounds by adding another sub and build a 4th order rear deck blow thru.

Tuned in to see what you do for your beauty panels.

Yeah all stock suspension luckily stock is air level shocks in back so it drops over night but airs back up when it is running and stays level even with all that weight!

Archived