Second Skin Audio

SlamingSuburban's new enclosure

CleanSierra

yeah I can see that your aim wasn't at spl. that setup has got to be a demo/musical kind though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

sounds like you need to take a road trip.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

So 4 18s and how much power is it 4 of those onyx amps. Im trying to correlate all this port area to a termlab result and not sounds great plays low.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The TL will also sore how flat of a response there is. THIS is where I'm curious. The box plays at least at low as 28 Hz with output still. I'm curious about how it does throughout the frequency range and the DB difference within that range. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the score he received and it did happen to take first in class.

The box had been in the vehicle for all of one hour with the only play time from the Home Depot parking lot to the show. There's nothing wrong with the score he received and the build was never made for numbers. It was made to play music and do it well. The box definitely does that from what he's told me. I realize that TL numbers are all that one can see in a forum setting as a way to measure success or not. What would a good number be? A 150, 152, 154? Plenty of walled setups with plenty of power and cone area that are barely in the 50s.

The part that kills me is it's a total Catch 22 here. Say he put up a 150+ for example. At that point rather than acceptance and congratulations, you'd get the guy that says" Well shit, 4 18s, it BETTER do that. I could do it on HALF that cone area".

At the end of the day, Adam is happy and is going to start breaking the subs in. I doubt he will make any changes to the box but if he wants to shrink port area, we can. The volume and port area can both be shrink if needed. I would bet we see the low end response suffer in order to chase a number. Who knows how much power throat MB Quart amps are really putting out. He's definitely got the electrical to back up amp upgrades in the future if he ever wants to

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ill pm you in a little bit. I wont clutter the thread. ;)

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

For a build more towards sq that am impressive score. A 146 is hard to achieve for a lot of people nine the less on a musical box

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived