Sundown Audio

user error?

MACnonsence6

so the tale gets better took it off the box today and noticed the sticker that says if its been opened is ripped " this amp was bought new" so hmm ill post gut pics if i notice anything

2e1rn1f.jpg

29kwgmu.jpg

now im not sure if this is the output side or not. but it looks like deff 6 fets on one side and perhaps 2 on the other so well say 12 total. but why? also i have an ap1800 that the output side went bad on and i tried to replace them and things went bad but i may or may not be able to salvage parts from the 1800 to bring this guy back to life.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

that AP doesn't even put out 1500 until you give it 16v. < lol

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

k enough dissing and blah blah when i got this i asked on the forum best budget amp for the money and this is what was adviced. so unless people can assist in the repair or add helpfull ness dont say things.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Honestly, it would be better to get a new amp than repair that one. It will cost around 100+ plus shipping to get it fixed. Also the fact you said you've seen it do under 12v is bad. Even if my gear is able to handle it, or I've seen my gear in other set ups hit that low, I would never let my equipment touch that low. Your just asking for things to fry.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

im not paying anyone to fix it i have an ap1800 then im using parts from they seem to have alot of the same parts

im not paying anyone to fix it i have an ap1800 then im using parts from they seem to have alot of the same parts

unless your a electrical engineer, that approach probably won't work. I tried it myself, replacing blown components on a amp. Once I powered it up another part blew. Good luck though man, it's fun to mess around with that shit.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

k enough dissing and blah blah when i got this i asked on the forum best budget amp for the money and this is what was adviced. so unless people can assist in the repair or add helpfull ness dont say things.

umm, remember you where in the SoundQubed section wanting a new mono block. Pretty sure everyone gave excellent reviews.

this was a year ago when i was in that section i already had and was running this amp i was looking to upgrade. plan now is to try and see if i can fix this then save to go big. ordering a pair of re destroyer motors the 29th prolly sell my se's to fund building them. then saving up for lots of cable and a ct sounds 7k

Archived