Sundown Audio

user error?

MACnonsence6

so ive been running an ap1500 for about 4 months now 2 at 2ohms and a lil over at 1 with big 3 and 2 batterys. and the other day i noticed no matter how high i put the volume i couldnt get my voltage at the amp to drop below 13 and it wasnt as loud so i was kinda worried that maybe a lead broke or something of that sort then today the same thing exept it was almost like my subs were hitting a wall they were not what they used to be and couldnt hit cirtin notes. usually when i really start to beat on it itll dip into high 11s but not much lower and thats only to give a demo its never for long periods of time and only at idle driving i have to play full tile for a bit to get it that low. and today the amp dies like shuts off and i smelled it. so when i got him i checked my coils everything still reads 1ohm and ik when this happend voltage was at 13. so im wondering if this is user error or shitty amp. im gonna check in the morning if the amps under warrenty or not. i just started a new job so i had already had plans of getting either a ct1400 or audio technix 1200. still sucks though.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Happening to me to, i think its because the air is colder, its less dense, loosing some db's, thats my theroy, my voltage is like that to, normally dropping to low 13s, now stays high 13s low 14s

In Progress of building

Headunit: JVC KDR-540

Wires: Execution Audio 1/0 CCA front to back and big 3

Amp: RE Audio dts 1500.1

Subs: 2 RE Audio SE-X 12d4s

Stock Jeep Battery and 137 amp alternator

2 pioneer 6x9s and 2 jvc 4" speakers

1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler 4.0 automatic

perhaps im still stumped as to why the amp took a dump if voltage was good gonna see if i can find the box and see if its still under waranty today if not idk what ill do i already have a blown 1800 that i tried to fix and failed so not really sure what to do here

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

ive gotta see if i can find the proof of purchase but does by me installing it screw me for number 2?

http://www.audiopipe.com/warranty

have you opened the back or removed/tampered with any of the tattle tale stickers? if not then number 2 doesnt matter they mean worked on the amp not installed it

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

If you smelled something, chances are that amp is ready to kick. Personally I would go for a refund or if you can get a new one, sell it and buy something else.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

no i havnt even tooken it off the box yet still bolted on just unhooked the power. so good i may be in some luck then now lets hope where it was purchased on ebay was a vender

double post.... and the amp is in protect both red and blue lights stay on. idk if i can get it fixed or get a new one ill prolly run it again till i have the money saved up for a ct sounds 1400. or sell it to recoupe cause by the time i can afford a ct sounds 1400. " the 29th" and by the time its shipped and waht not i prolly still wont have my amp back from audiopipe

Ap ftw. This is why you spend the money on quality gear

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no i havnt even tooken it off the box yet still bolted on just unhooked the power. so good i may be in some luck then now lets hope where it was purchased on ebay was a vender

This could very well be why the amp took a shit, Imo mounting a amp directly to a box is one of the worst places, it might have vibrated something loose, broken a solder joint ect.

Archived