Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

New guy from Chile, need help with port :(


Recommended Posts

Posted

If you are going with a slot port in the baffle better do a rectangular box, it's harder to turn the port on a slanted surface.

Posted

If you are going with a slot port in the baffle better do a rectangular box, it's harder to turn the port on a slanted surface.

Hey Joe

Don't worry, I did my homework lol.

here's what I got:

ORIGINAL_zps6ffe5d4f.jpg

Box volume: 4.26 cuft

Port volume: 1.15 cuft (91.5 cms port length)

Box volume - Port volume: 3.11 (this is for a inverted mounted VVX15v2)

14,30 sqin/cuft for the inverted sub, 15,18 sqin/cuft for the normal mounted sub (2.93 cuft net)

Inverted mounted gets a 30.4Hz tune and the normal mounted gets 31.3Hz tune

This is be the box I'll build, thanks for all the support you gave me guys! :)

Posted

This is the chart acording to winISD

winisd_zps1128b563.png

blue is the IVX15, red is normal mounted VVX15 and yellow is inverted mounted VVX15

I'l just mount it normal cause there isn't a significally difference between inverted and normal.

Posted

The effective length of that port will likely be less than the what the center line would suggest and the port will be inefficient to say the least. probably could be laid out differently. I can't see what your port area is so I can't give you feedback on that.

Posted

Hi joe, I hope this one is a lil better

vvxbox2_zpse071d4f7.jpg

vvxbox2side_zps94665a7f.jpg

Net volume (after port vol and sub displacement): 2.83 cuft

Port lenght is 98 cms (I get 31hz tune acording to winISD)

and port has 15,77 square inches per cubic feet

tell me what you think (bigger box is a no option because I use my trunk a lot to carry stuff, this is the biggest box I can have right now :/ )

Posted

The fact that is square makes it gain efficiency, still it has 3 turns (one 180 deg), BUT I have to say that I have yet to see another 3D center line laid out port, very nice.

I would need to draw the whole thing to tell you about the tuning but due to the multiple turns it will be higher than expected going by the center line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3290 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...