Second Skin Audio

New guy from Chile, need help with port :(

Glad to help, it looks good, those 1:1 ratio ports work really nice is just that few people will go ahead and do something difficult to build as your box, anyways if you choose to share how did you liked the outcome I will be happy to read.

Of course I will, usps tracking web says it left USA december 5, so I should receive it like next week.

If I start the building process before the sub arrives, I could see other options for the finish of it (instead of carpet which is the easiest, I could paint it to get a gloss black)

anyway, as soon as everything is done, I'll report back with a video and more pictures :)

I really want this to stand out because almost every audio shop around here do shitty jobs (there's like no dedication or passion for doing a good job) and sub boxes are always very bad designed and tuned very high (around 40-50hz). there's always exception though.

last time I went to a shop to ask suggestion for porting the ivx box, dude just bashed me all the time for cutting the package tray and using a 4 channel to power the sub... funny thing is when he was inside the car and I played some decaf, guy's look was priceless lol.

again, thank you very much Joe :gayhaaay1:

Ok, I received my audio technix sound deadner.

all afternoon applying this to trunk is no fun (at least the part when you have to remove even the rear seats)

my fingers hurt :(, I deadned what I didn't deadned before in the package tray, did a second layer in the trunk door (first layer was stinger roadkill) and I fixed my rear power sunshade =)

some pics

IMAG0643_zpseaa40907.jpg

IMAG0644_zpsb2200635.jpg

IMAG0645_zpsffad4177.jpg

IMAG0646_zpsc24aad9e.jpg

IMAG0647_zps4bc39b5f.jpg

after I took the pictures I used more damper in some spots but didn't took pictures, now there's a real benefit because there's no rattles at all, just pure bass (some rattles in the roof, but I'll fix that later)

will report as soon as I get my vvx 15 =)

I recorded a video with my HTC ONE phone, it seems that it records the bass very well.

in this vid I was using my IVX15 (the one that I burned the coils, but I met a guy here that repairs them, he made a coil exactly as the stock one and replaced the spider because he said it was way to flacid or something like that, dunno, he's the expert) and I resealed my enclosure so it's sealed again... will try port again when I receive my VVX15.

I suggest using 1080p and a good home stereo :), camera is amazing in this phone.

ohh i like this Post, i really cant help you, im just learning, but, i like what are you doing man.. Saludos desde Honduras :D.

thanks dude, I appreciate your post. I've learnt a lot reading this forum. once I get my vvx sub and I build the enclosure I'll create a thread in the show off section with more pics and stuff lol.

Saludos desde Chile!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, the box isn't complete yet, still have to glue it and rent a router to flare the port and grind the edges then I'll wrap it in carpet to match the trunk's carpet.

I tested it and it sounds pure sex lol (still have to add an angle to the port's corner)

here's some pics.

IMAG0024_zpsukv9sdie.jpg

IMAG0025_zpsq1x9z8jt.jpg

IMAG0026_zps77lchkvx.jpg

IMAG0027_zpsbpteyx81.jpg

IMAG0030_zpsrzb9gjyj.jpg

IMAG0031_zpsix2kivg7.jpg

IMAG0032_zps6xul2y3r.jpg

IMAG0033_zps1ys3edaf.jpg

IMAG0034_zpsonuo1k9e.jpg

IMAG0035_zpslag90od1.jpg

IMAG0036_zpsjsqwnbal.jpg

IMAG0037_zpsq3th20iw.jpg

IMAG0038_zpst1vvmgcu.jpg

IMAG0039_zpsw8m3ynja.jpg

IMAG0040_zpssa2m71ex.jpg

IMAG0043_zps17w1nmhf.jpg

IMAG0045_zpsclc7tzea.jpg

will upload more pics tomorrow when I finish some other things

BTW I used 2 cms mdf instead of 1.8 cms mdf... also reduced the box height by 1 cms to compensate for the 2 cms mdf

Archived