Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

sub for 1.6 cubes?


97EXPO

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got extra box, and was putting a dc lvl 4 12 off a soundqubed 2200d in it, but plans have changed and going with less power and different sub as soon as this sells. I will be running 1000 watts or less. What sub would be good for 1.6 cubes net tuned to 30hz? I was looking at sa 12, obsidian 12 or??

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

Posted

wow, so many to choose from.

truthsayer

Posted

It's the only sub I could think of that was in the same realm as what he was already used to with the Level 4 and meets the power requirements. If you're gonna send 1000W to a sub, you might as well but a sub that is rated at 1000W.

The SSD has a 3" coil, 1000W rating, customizing options for looks and performance and is hand assembled.

The Sundown SA is a 2.5" coil, 600W rating.

Both subs retail for sound the same price as well. I can't speak for the Obsidian because they've done a version change I believe and I don't know WHAT availability looks like to get your hands on them.

Another good option is the new HDS line from SQ. 3" coil and a power rating on the north side of 1000W RMS

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

yeah, I have ran the sa's and the obsidians in the past on more, the lvl4's took 2000 each easily. Now im just trying to downsize after they sell and my aq stuff. I considered the new hds from soundqubed also. I didn't think about the ssd's, I loved my old bl 12's

2012 scion xb bagged, 2 soundqubed hdc3 12's, soundqubed 2200 for now, need alternator

Posted

A level 3 or even a level 2 would do nice but if you are doing some other sub that like a bit larger airspace just reverse mount it if needed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6292 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...