Second Skin Audio

best cheap subs.... best cheap high excursion sub?

exxxtrem

Ok. So im gonna make a comment that is gonna start shit.

What are we basing a good sub amp by?

I will say a cheaper amp can sound muddy not as crisp... affects your highs way more than subs.

If we wanted perfect sound wed still use class ab amps on bass.. but we were all good with losing clarity to pick up that aditional class d wattage..

So I ask the famous question where do we draw the line good and bad.

Will a cheap amp with the gains down a little as a good amp with gain up.. sure

bad build houses will yield a subpar product. subpar product is generally really cheap, inefficient, and doesn't make the speakers sound as nice.

most "underground" amp companies use korean build houses (some of the companies use the exact same build house, but with ever so slightly different parts). koreans have built a reputation for making good amplifiers.

Lets pause for a moment and reflect on what has been said.

You are going to move the seat forward 3" and build some half wall?

please stop, you said this was going to be cheap, not half ass. Lets just forget the back seat. You want 6 12's ported? you havent changed your mind on that i don't think. If that is still true then you will have to lose the back seat and wall. It wont happen any other way. you are talking about 12cuft of air space + about 2cuft for the port. so 14cuft. Not counting sub displacement. Lets just round up to 15cuft, internal.

If you only double layer with 3/4" wood you are talking about 19+cuft of space used in your car. You havent even started with bracing and everything else. Why not just get two good 18's? I have seen plenty of builds with two 18's that would take your hat off.

Lets pause for a moment and reflect on what has been said.

You are going to move the seat forward 3" and build some half wall?

please stop, you said this was going to be cheap, not half ass. Lets just forget the back seat. You want 6 12's ported? you havent changed your mind on that i don't think. If that is still true then you will have to lose the back seat and wall. It wont happen any other way. you are talking about 12cuft of air space + about 2cuft for the port. so 14cuft. Not counting sub displacement. Lets just round up to 15cuft, internal.

If you only double layer with 3/4" wood you are talking about 19+cuft of space used in your car. You havent even started with bracing and everything else. Why not just get two good 18's? I have seen plenty of builds with two 18's that would take your hat off.

or he can do 150's with 2 15's.

So all im saying is in comparison...

2 planet audio 5000 fused at 200 amps $300

1 soundqubed 2000 fused at 200 amps $450

Side by side comparison....

I think it would be hard for the soundqubed to do what 2 audio planets are doing.

sound difference... not sure. How big can it be between class d's

Im saying this because last year I bought 6 amps. Hifonics. Kicker. Power acoustik. Pioneer. Sony.

They almost all sounded really close. Power acoustik highs wernt there dull.

Sony was good had to have gains up though.

Hifonics was ok.

Pioneer was ok.

Kicker had the most power.

But all were very simalar. Was gonna youtube it. If I did it again I would have done the comparison by fuse rating and not the power they claimed. My zx650.4 was fused 120. Most the other's were 60ish maybe 80

Pretty large difference in sound and the soundqubed is less likely to randomly break or catch on fire

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

This thread is funny! Changed to Diapers so I don't piss my pants. Yesterday you only wanted to spend 35.00 per sub Hifonics with a total X-max 0f 6mm now you have up that to 85.00 for other subs. Now Planet Audio amps. Check out Shark Audio this fits your budget.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12