GM dual alternator charging issue

Add a dual harness relay kit. Ill sell you one. 25$ shipped its used but its the dc power relay kit

Be careful dude, you cant technically sell on here until you have 750 posts I believe. OP it sounds like your car is recognizing a fault in the alt due to the added stress in the system by adding the second alt. So the relay kit ^ he is trying to sell sounds like it is your best bet.

Add a dual harness relay kit. Ill sell you one. 25$ shipped its used but its the dc power relay kit

Be careful dude, you cant technically sell on here until you have 750 posts I believe. OP it sounds like your car is recognizing a fault in the alt due to the added stress in the system by adding the second alt. So the relay kit ^ he is trying to sell sounds like it is your best bet.

yes i agree, also do you have proper power/grounding for both alternaters? because having one grounded correctly and the other not may cause that light to go on,but at the same time be doin what it suppossed to. i googled some topics and 90% was battery not charging, nothing related to here.

03 s-10 owned since 35k now 150k

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

alpine type-e 10 ported fiberglass

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

Shit forgot about the damn rule change. Thanks brother!

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

What about the voltage regulator? I mean, are they both internally regulated or externally? or is one internal, and one external? Could be an issue like that but i'm not sure why. Just something that came to mind.

thanks, ill look into the dual relay kit, and everything is grounded with untraflex knukoncept wire, thats not an issue.

now the issue is what wires get hooked up to the relays. the "L" or the other one

ok i went and tested both wires on one plug.

both do 13+ volts running

with just key in ignition turned forward

brown does 1.5 volts

orange does 12+ volts

so basically

#30 battery

#85 ground

#86 orange wire from harness

#87 to plug on alternator

does this sound right

ok i went and tested both wires on one plug.

both do 13+ volts running

with just key in ignition turned forward

brown does 1.5 volts

orange does 12+ volts

so basically

#30 battery

#85 ground

#86 orange wire from harness

#87 to plug on alternator

does this sound right

Yea sounds good! Now get to work!!

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,