Fj Cruiser Upgrades...alot To See In Here

I didn't get much done today, Had a bunch of errands to do and I am waiting on a call to go to work, so I didn't wanna get too involved, and it rained most of the afternoon, I did get the other panels covered though, and I got my speaker wires ran out from each set and the panels are ready to go back in when I get the chance, and that will be either tomorrow morning or when I get back home , which could be 1-3 days ( being on 24hr. call sucks sometimes )

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is at least 3 layers of damplifier pro around each speaker - for a good 6-8 inches all the way around...

Posted Image

I went ahead and stiffened up these little panels that cover the jack, and a little storage pocket on the passenger side, - Hopefully they wont fall out from the weight I stuck on them !!!!

Posted Image

thats all for now...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Good job man! I dont know if I would have done too much more than around the speakers and behind them on the metal. But you shouldnt have any rattles or vibration now!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Yeah , It seems like a little bit of overkill, but surprisingly enough those type -R subs do get some rattles and some annoying buzzing sounds out of somme of these panels, I got in the backseats and put my hands around to see where it was coming from, and it was in the light gray panels up top on each side , and from a little plastic door over the 110 volt plug in the back, so It is been hit with deadener as well, and the lower panels , well I just didn't wanna take the chance that those comps might bring on new rattles so I got them good to, and I figured since they covered the wheels wells in the back that maybe it will block out a little more road noise too. As far as the area behind the speakers goes, I am gonna have to pull out some of that insulation that I stuffed into the quarter panels a while back, and make a " pocket " for the speaker to fit into, and leave some air space for it to breathe and move air good. There is one layer of damplifier pro on the outer skin of the quarter already, and it will get at least another layer or two on top of that at for least an area of 1.5 to 2 sq. ft. around behind the speaker, and I have the speaker tweaker kit to go behind each side, which is the same thing as the dynaxorb mats that I have beind the front door and dash speakers. I am not scientifically sure if it helps or not, but from the bare ear test , it sounds like it does - so I figured what the hell, and I had the cash to spend - figured it can't hurt....

I went to work this morning, and am now out of town , so maybe tomorrow or friday I will be able to get some more done. Next I gotta get these side panels back in, and the back seat back together, then mount my amp board. After that I need to pull the front seats and the center console to put down the new RCAs and some more damplifier pro high up in the footwells and fire wall, and get the luxury liner down.

Once that is done I will mount the amps and hook up the RCAs , and speaker x- overs and power wires and try it out. After that the big 3 then I am done...

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

Been gone done the road for two days, but I got in about 4:30 this afternoon , so I went on ahead and got a little done. I mainly just wanted to get the back of the truck back together and that is what I did. From the pics you can see now how the comps fit into the passenger area, and the are recessed into that pocket so they are in the listening area , but out of harms way.

On a more aggravating note, I had to take the dremel tool and cut a little bit of metal out of the way , I couldn't tell for sure if it was hitting or not and I didn't wanna force the panel into place to find out - and also have to pull the 6.5 out tocheck so I trimmed about a 5" long strip off of a pinch weld to give it some room. Now in the process of doing that to things happened.... First I only had one new metal cutting wheel for the dremel and it lasted about half way thru the cut. That caused me to have to go to home depot for more - and they were out, which meant head down to lowes to get some. Lowes had in them - head home finish the first one no problem. then the second thing happened on the other side - about half way thru the cut my brand new Dremel burned up its motor....:( talk about being pissed.... I wasn't even running it wide open , and As I said It has literally been used once before today.... Mutha F*cka... I am gonna take it back tomorrow and see what happens with that.

on to the pics.... sorry only finished work, due to my frustrations and trying to outrun darkness I didn't even think about grabbing the camera in the thick of it.

Posted Image

Oh yeah, stuck in two more layers of Damplifier pro behind the speakers, and a layer of overkill pro on top of that, then a speaker tweaker disc on each side...Love the second skin stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

okay, I got some work done in the past two days, well all of it except the big 3 is done and tuning the system so it sounds a bit more full and lively.... I haven't even touched the adjustments and settings on the 4 channel yet, and it still sounds amazing, way way better than that kenwood 4ch. ANYWAY on to the pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

You cant really see it all that well but those stinger HPM Level 3 wires are really sweet, and are very high quality... I like em

also the amp board I made fit to the seat backs really well, And I am still debating rather or not to cut up my factory trim panel that goes along the bottom of the seat backs to cover the few little places that you see blue paint and where the 1/0 wires come out the floor. And Yeah I have the top cover for the alpine amp, I just haven't stuck it back on there yet...

Posted Image

Posted Image

After I got the back done yesterday, I started today by pulling everything out of the front of the truck , and running new remote wires and the RCA wires from the deck... If you look on the tranny hump you will see the two big gray wires running down , those are the RCA s secured with a 3M foil tape. The Crossover boxes on the tranny hump are for my front set of 3-ways, and the mount on the back of the center console

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

Next I put down the luxury liner, and some more damplifier pro up high on the firewall behind the pedals , Laying the luxury liner went pretty quick , and I managed to get it up into and under the dash in places that I could not get damplifier pro , so I was happy about that... And I still have two sheets of luxury liner and a nice stack of damplifier pro to add some to my front doors....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got all of it in. And putting the factory floor liner back in over that was a huge PITA , cause all the sudden the floor got alot thicker , but I got it all back in, and it makes on hell of a difference riding down the interstate, so much more of the tire noise and engine whine is gone, my truck is seriously quiet. I just cant wait to get some work into my front doors to finish it off.

Then I had to go over to a friends house to solder up my wires cause we have had a bizarre wind storm today, gusts up to 40 m.p.h. and I didn't even wanna try to solder in that , so off I went..

I haven't done my big three yet, I just got my system up and running, and I will get to the big 3 sometime this week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I learned a little bit about soldering with a torch today, cause my ground wire didn't turn out to good, so I showed off my power wire..

You don't have to run the torch real hot, the smaller the flame the better, and you have to keep the wire completely level and vertical, and when you put your connector on the wire , push the connector just far enough down on the wire to fill the connector, but leave a little space so that the solder has a place to pool up after it fills in the connector and absorbs into the wire....

Thats all for now...

My Kulicki Box Build

And this is the aftermath of my poor little dining room table and laundry room/toolbox and car cleaning supply storage area

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

wow! nothing, nobody....

I know my amp rack is not show quality, but it designed purely to function, and perform the task of holding my gear in place

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived