Kris4b11 Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 I currently have a 9512i in the dd compact spec box. As much as I love my dd I wanted to try soundqubed out (I know that its the father son company and I think thats why im leaning towards sq instead of another company). My problem is that i only have about 3cuft of space available and I wanted to do 2 lower powered subs instead of 1 higher powered sub. What do you guys suggest I do in this siituation? I hope this doesnt count as a vs thread I really dont want it to sound like that. Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Joe X Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 Well you may be able to do two HDC310 and maybe expect some extra output.
Kris4b11 Posted November 19, 2013 Author Report Posted November 19, 2013 Well you may be able to do two HDC310 and maybe expect some extra output. Thanks for your help Joe. Just curious do you know about those new hds310? And would you be able to make something up for me? The dimensions are 15h x 30w x 15d Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 Well you may be able to do two HDC310 and maybe expect some extra output. Thanks for your help Joe. Just curious do you know about those new hds310? And would you be able to make something up for me? The dimensions are 15h x 30w x 15d Its going to be really hard/impossible to get a box with enough port area and internal volume for those two subs, into that space. That's not even 4 cubes gross. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Kris4b11 Posted November 19, 2013 Author Report Posted November 19, 2013 Well you may be able to do two HDC310 and maybe expect some extra output.Thanks for your help Joe. Just curious do you know about those new hds310? And would you be able to make something up for me? The dimensions are 15h x 30w x 15d Its going to be really hard/impossible to get a box with enough port area and internal volume for those two subs, into that space. That's not even 4 cubes gross. I know. The absolute max depth I can go is 17. I'm already maxed on the height and width. The trunk is ridiculously small. At this point should I just stick with my 9512? I know it's not in the best box it could be I see everyone saying minimum 2.5cuft. I don't have a ho alternator and I think the only company that makes one is dc and it's almost 1000. The stock alt is 120a I don't have room for multiple batteries in the trunk either. I might have to ditch the spare tire to mount the amps there at this point and if the box is 17d I won't even be able to access the spare without removing the box. So that's why I was willing to go to a lower power setup and hope the cone area makes up for some of it. Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 I don't think more cone area is really an option for you unless you want to go to a sealed box. The space you have is already borderline for a single 12" or two 8"s, and two 8"s isn't going to get you any more cone area than you already have. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 You can do a better box for your 12" in 15x30x17 and a single 6" aero you can hit 2.5 cubes net without a problem.
Kris4b11 Posted November 20, 2013 Author Report Posted November 20, 2013 I don't think more cone area is really an option for you unless you want to go to a sealed box. The space you have is already borderline for a single 12" or two 8"s, and two 8"s isn't going to get you any more cone area than you already have. Yea that's true. So ill just stick with what I have and just save up for some good batteries Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Kris4b11 Posted November 20, 2013 Author Report Posted November 20, 2013 You can do a better box for your 12" in 15x30x17 and a single 6" aero you can hit 2.5 cubes net without a problem. Ok so I'll do that then. Would you be able to draw something up? I gotta get a new Pc mine gave up life so no sketch up or torres for me right now lol. Once again thanks to both of you guys for helping me Factory double din navi unit with 30gb internal Crescendo bc3500 DD 9512i
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.